PDA

View Full Version : griots speed shine impressions?

Pages : [1] 2

ddvette9
05-25-2014, 09:09 PM
Thinking about picking up a gallon of griots speed shine on sale. I have a black car and live in Florida so need a versatile and solid quick detailer for our rainy summer.

I can get the gallon for about 25 bucks.

Is it worth it? Never tried it before and looked up some good reviews but they were from a few years ago. Wanted some updated feedback and impressuons .

dougsrt
05-25-2014, 09:12 PM
Love it! !! It the only qd I use:xyxthumbs:

tiSS'er
05-25-2014, 09:14 PM
Thinking about picking up a gallon of griots speed shine on sale. I have a black car and live in Florida so need a versatile and solid quick detailer for our rainy summer.

Is it worth it? Never tried it before and looked up some good reviews but they were from a few years ago. Wanted some updated feedback and impressuons .

I didn't much care for it on my black car, it was streaky. I much prefer Meguiars M135 by the gallon. A bit more expensive, but works better for me as a QD, has a very nice shine, has a reasonable amount of protection for a QD, and easy to work with on black cars.

Meguiars Mirror Glaze 135 Synthetic Spray Detailer 128 oz., Meguiars detail spray, spray detailer, Megwires detailer, meguires detail spray (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-gallon-spray-detailer-135.html)

swanicyouth
05-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Streaks on black.

Poor Boy's Spray and Gloss is a better product.

tiSS'er
05-25-2014, 09:25 PM
Streaks on black.

Poor Boy's Spray and Gloss is a better product.

I'll have to give that a try, thanks.

jsgntulok
05-25-2014, 09:58 PM
It has been a number of years since I used it. I never used it on a black car but I remember it streaking on my light green Avalon.

ddvette9
05-26-2014, 07:02 AM
Yikes, this isn't sounding good....

Finemess
05-26-2014, 07:05 AM
I use it on silver all the time, no problem, love it.

DaHen
05-26-2014, 08:08 AM
Have been using it lately on my dark grey Altima and like it. I use the Microfiber Blue Towel, aka: Woobie.
Which appear to be similar to Griot's Speed Shine Micro Fiber Cloths. (Wish I had a Black car to try this combination on.)

HateSwirls
05-26-2014, 09:23 AM
It works OK just harder to work with compared to some of the other ones out there.
For a cheaper price I use the Duragloss Aquawax.
Not only is it so simple to use I get better results, more shine and leaves the paint very slick, plus it will last longer than the Griot's.

I found I had to do a lot of buffing to get it done, the more buffing the better chances of causing swirls.

LRC3
05-26-2014, 11:06 AM
I like it!

I've use that, Showtime, and UWW+.

Not for nothing UWW+ as a QD is the business. The cost alone is worth it and you can make roughly 4 times as much for less then 1/2 the price.

It leaves my black paint slick as oil. FYI, I'm very heavy handed with it bc cost doesn't play into the equation.

It's funny bc I was about to pick up that same gallon of GG QD before I was turned on to UWW+. You'll go broke detailing a black SUV, I mean if you wanna keep it clean:buffing:

BillyJack
05-26-2014, 11:58 AM
The old ss lacquer on my El Camino is very sensitive to streaking. I haven't tried everything on the market, but Speed Shine was my favorite of the dozen or so I had tried. Of course, once I started using UWW, I find the Speed Shine getting used less and less. Using a product that's strong enough to be a waterless wash eliminates the concern that maybe there's too much dust for risk-free use of a QD.

Bill

Gunslinger
05-26-2014, 01:51 PM
I use Speed Shine on gold, red, cream, dark green and dark blue cars...never been unhappy in any way. I haven't tried all the other brand quick detailers out there but of what I have tried, Griot's is the best.

builthatch
05-26-2014, 01:54 PM
along the lines of what BillyJack said, i totally prefer Opti-Clean. essentially, a super buff instant detailer whose main purpose is a waterless wash.

imo best safeguard against scratches while cleaning. hassle-free and affordable. can be used inside and out. i use this stuff more than anything in my entire arsenal.

tedj101
05-26-2014, 04:05 PM

It has been my go to dedicated QD for years! Great product. Moreover, if you can get a gallon for $25 without using a gun, you're a better man than I am Gunga Din!
:xyxthumbs: