PDA

View Full Version : Properly washing waffle weave drying towels?

nodule
05-25-2014, 01:00 PM
Hi,

Can I machine wash my waffle weave drying towels TOGETHER with my micro fiber towels
in cold wash and dry low, or must they be washed separately?
What do you guys do?

I apologize if this question has been asked before.

Thanks!

Bunky
05-25-2014, 01:03 PM
I wash all my towels and mitts used for washing, drying, and glass cleaning separate to prevent cross contamination but you can wash them with any other microfiber if you just want to do one load.

GreatAvalon
05-25-2014, 01:04 PM
Yea, I wash my glass waffle weave, drying waffle weave, and exterior MFs all separately.

Rsurfer
05-25-2014, 02:12 PM
Yea, I wash my glass waffle weave, drying waffle weave, and exterior MFs all separately.
:agree:wash them separately. If you only have a few, wash them in a bucket by hand.:xyxthumbs:

aim4squirrels
05-25-2014, 02:18 PM
If they are all microfiber, you can wash together. Depending on the quality of the towel, you may get dye transfer.

Methodical
05-25-2014, 02:18 PM
I wash all MF stuff together in hot water. Everyone's going to have their method. Pick and choose what's best for you and stick with it.

Check out this thread of MF cleaning.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/76621-microfiber-care-guide-liquid-finish-how-clean-your-car-microfibers.html

Audios S6
05-25-2014, 02:40 PM
If they are all microfiber, you can wash together. Depending on the quality of the towel, you may get dye transfer.

What you don't want is polymers from spraywax getting on your drying towels (reducing absorbency) or glass towels (causing streaking). I always separate my towels.

Finemess
05-25-2014, 02:49 PM
Don't forget the white vinegar in the rinse.

GreatAvalon
05-25-2014, 03:02 PM
:agree:wash them separately. If you only have a few, wash them in a bucket by hand.:xyxthumbs:
Does that get out polish residue? I don't have that many. I just washed 2 ww in one load and 4 mf's with polish residue in another, but neither of those Are a full small load, but I didn't think I had any other option. Good call! How much MF detergent to how much water? I use pinnacle mf detergent if it matters. Thanks man! :xyxthumbs:

aim4squirrels
05-25-2014, 04:29 PM
What you don't want is polymers from spraywax getting on your drying towels (reducing absorbency) or glass towels (causing streaking). I always separate my towels.

Never had that issue personally, but if it's a concern of yours, then washing separately is fine.

Audios S6
05-25-2014, 11:07 PM
Never had that issue personally, but if it's a concern of yours, then washing separately is fine.

I do find my spraywax and WW/rw towels losing absorbency, but a lot of variables going on there