PDA

View Full Version : Polish Routine between Full Details

spewking
05-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Wanted to check in and make sure I have the correct approach for polishing between full details. Full detail done 6 months ago and the finish did not have any spots requiring heavy correction.

Please critique and or suggest other steps or approaches.

Wash with cg citrus to remove LSP
Clay
Polish any light spots with menzerna 4000 and a red ccs pad
Wipe down entire car with eraser
Apply LSP -- 4 star UPP is my favorite on my medium blue 2007 infiniiti g35s.

A few questions include do you recommend claying the whole car as I did even with no bad areas to correct (as I did above)? Is the wipe down necessary ( my thought was to remove the detail spray and clay before LSP application)?

Thanks.

David

Kamakaz1961
05-24-2014, 05:24 PM
I would clay the whole car or at least do the "baggie test" to see if there are any contamination to clean.
The only difference in your tecchnique is that I use Menzerna SF4500 and the Gold Jeweling Pad...ie insignificant difference.

I use the Nanoskin Blue pad for my claying. It is considerably more faster than traditional clay. If you had that, then I would do the whole car as it is fast.

As for everything else...IMO you are "Spot On".

spewking
05-24-2014, 06:51 PM
I would clay the whole car or at least do the "baggie test" to see if there are any contamination to clean.
The only difference in your tecchnique is that I use Menzerna SF4500 and the Gold Jeweling Pad...ie insignificant difference.

I use the Nanoskin Blue pad for my claying. It is considerably more faster than traditional clay. If you had that, then I would do the whole car as it is fast.

As for everything else...IMO you are "Spot On".

Thanks. Have not used the nano before and am looking. Are you referencing the use of the pad with a DA? Or the blue sponge, towel, or wash mitt? Thanks.

Kamakaz1961
05-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Thanks. Have not used the nano before and am looking. Are you referencing the use of the pad with a DA? Or the blue sponge, towel, or wash mitt? Thanks.

You use the Red Pad for the LSP I like to use the Gold Jeweling Pad. It is just a preference. I like the red for putting on Sealant and the Gold Jeweling for Wax.

I put on the Wax or Sealant with a DA lot more faster and uniform too.

:buffing: