PDA

View Full Version : Foam gun question

Jertronic
05-24-2014, 03:27 PM
I just picked up a foamer. The kind that has the hose gun nozzle that clicks into the assembly which screws onto a liter size soap reservoir.

If I don't use the entire contents of my soap mix (chemical bros. maxi 2) can I just leave it as is until the next time in need to use the foamer? Will soap and foaming capability maintain potency after sitting for 2 weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA DETAILER
05-24-2014, 03:30 PM
Dont see why not.

Bunky
05-24-2014, 03:37 PM
What I do is transfer the remainder to another container so soap does not dry in the sprayer system. After transferring, I flush it all out with water. Dried soap in narrow passages cannot be good.

Using this method is you can have several cocktails such a soap mixed with some apc to add a little kick so just select the brew, pour in reservoir, and foam.

custmsprty
05-24-2014, 03:53 PM
I have always left mine and over the years have never had any issues whatsoever, soap is water soluable so shouldn't be any clogging issues, atleast I have never experienced any.

Paul A.
05-24-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm like custmsprty and just leave the residual, unused soap in the canister until i use it again. T take it one step further, i simply top it off after about my 2nd or 3rd consecutive wash. Basically there is always soap left in my can. Never had any problems with that approach for over 3 years.

Niblick
05-24-2014, 05:14 PM
As Bunky said, it's good practice to take the head off and flush it afterwards. Some of the lances have a small mesh filter inside the can become clogged with dried soap residue. I run warm water through it backwards to flush it.

Paul A.
05-24-2014, 05:19 PM
Thanks bunky and niblick! I think i'll change my process and clean mine out frequently. Even though i have never had a problem doesn't mean i never will and it makes sense to take care of the equipment to insure it has the best chance to perform as intended.

Plus the fact it doesn't take too long to simply flush it out.

Bunky
05-25-2014, 08:49 AM
It is just a good preventive measure on taking care of your tools.

Paul A.
05-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Yes, totally agree and advisable for anything you use that is meant to be durable and last. Cuts down on undue or premature failure (resulting in cost to replace) and prevents things from malfunctioning in the middle of a job!

Methodical
05-25-2014, 02:21 PM
Why not dump the remaining solution in your wash bucket?

Brace1
05-25-2014, 05:05 PM
I too leave it in the container, but I definitely rinse through the foam gun with fresh water every single time to avoid any issues.