PDA

View Full Version : Proper Steps from The Beginning

MikeTaylor57
05-24-2014, 12:06 PM
Ready to detail my dirty Chevy Truck. Have been gathering supplies from, Microfiber wash mits, two buckets, Microfiber drying towels, clay bar, PC orbitol Buffer, Lake Country foam pad kit, Menzerna products. Here is my concern, from another post mmost people are set against the drying blades and prefer towels. I wnt to get this truck washes properly, and it's dirty, Does the grit gaurd add that much of a benefit? I dont want to add any more scratches by washing, before claying. I have the two buckets and two new micro fiber wash mits. Is there a video out there where someone is actually washing a dirty vehicle. Been thinking of actually running it thru Mike's Car Wash here in Indy first and let them get the worst of it off first, then start with a hand wash myself. Any Advice would be appreciated. I am a first timer at this. Truck is White FYI. Thanks Mike.

TuxedoTaurus
05-24-2014, 12:24 PM
Are you usin a pressure washer? The car wash will cause swirls, but if your doing correctiion I guess you could(I wouldn't IMHO).

I would spray it down, use one mitt(that may end up for wheels) and the two buckets and a wash the bottom half. Then clean the wheels, after that clean the buckets out and refill. Then use the other mitt to rewash the car from top to bottom. Then clay, correct, polish, seal/wax(or both), Dress tires and trim, and lastly finish off with the glass.

Good Luck