PDA

View Full Version : Will DP Prep Polish Remove Previous LSP?

TrolleyVW
05-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Will DP prep polish remove few week old Collinite 845 by itself?

Reason why I ask is that I am preparing to coat my vehicle with DP Coating and the car has been previously corrected and then topped with Collinite 845 along with a few UWW's and UQD's on the side over the course of the month or so since correction.

Since I see no need to use abrasive polishes to refine the finish, can I go straight from washing/TRIX to the prep polish and finally, the coating?

cleanmycorolla
05-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Yup it will

swanicyouth
05-24-2014, 10:16 AM
I think that's pretty much it's sole purpose.

FUNX650
05-24-2014, 11:13 AM
With all of the praise that Collinite #845 receives,
including its durability---even throughout long, harsh, road-salty Winter conditions:
It just may be possible for this non-abrasive DP
paint prep product to remove it. :dunno:

Myself? I'd first use a mild polish.
Then the DP paint prep.

Bob

TrolleyVW
05-24-2014, 12:11 PM
With all of the praise that Collinite #845 receives,
including its durability---even throughout long, harsh, road-salty Winter conditions:
It just may be possible for this non-abrasive DP
paint prep product to remove it. :dunno:

Myself? I'd first use a mild polish.
Then the DP paint prep.

Bob
I was thinking this. Maybe hit it with some light passes of LC blue/M205 to clean up some water spots and light stuff and then go at it with dp prep.

Now could I use a polishing pad with dp prep instead of the M205 and take the advantage of the cutting ability of the pad to provide that bit of bite required to "really remove" everything? I'd rather try and avoid use of 205 if possible.

FUNX650
05-24-2014, 12:48 PM
I'd rather try and avoid use of 205 if possible.
There are quite a few polishes that are listed on the below chart as being "less aggressive" than M205. Perhaps you can try one of them.

http://www.autopiaforums.com/Todd-Helme/polish-chart.jpg

Bob

silverfox
05-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Ohhhh yeah, it will remove a wax or sealant. It won't remove a coating.