PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts On A Classified Section?

MemphisGrizz
05-24-2014, 02:01 AM
Hello all,

I'm positive this question has been asked many times by other members, but here goes nothing. Does this forum plan to create a "buy, sell, trade, classified" section soon or in the near future? I think this would be beneficial to all members. I'm sure I could use the search engine and find previous responses but I would like to hear it first hand in my thread.

Thank you moderators, admins, and members for a great a forum as well! This forum reminds me of school, learning new things daily.

:xyxthumbs:

- David L.

VISITOR
05-24-2014, 02:08 AM
for trade, there is already a thread. for selling/buying, it would take away sales from AG on products they sell. there are other forums that allow this, just got to search...

FUNX650
05-24-2014, 04:34 AM
Does this forum plan to create a "buy, sell, trade, classified" section soon or in the near future? I think this would be beneficial to all members.

I'm sure I could use the search engine and find previous responses but I would like to hear it first hand in my thread.

Let it be known that my "first-hand" response does rely on another person's response. But their response is the one that counts!

TO WIT:

We do not like to get involved in sales on the forum between members, when we have and the sale goes bad they come to us to fix it. So we will not be doing a classifieds section for that reason.

Bob

VP Mark
05-24-2014, 06:46 AM
Probably never happen. AG sells products so it would just take from their sales. Not mention having to moderate disputes, vendors trying to sneak in and sell off the forum, ect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

MemphisGrizz
05-24-2014, 07:42 AM
Makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

57BORNTORUN
05-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Let me say this if you will.I`m an administrator and a representative of two car related sites.(trifive.com and C-10 Trucks .com.)We have classified sections for new and used parts sold by our MEMBERS ONLY.(NO SPAM.)We have 85 big name sponsors that pay for our servers to keep going.(Autogeek is one of our sponsors, thank you Meghan and Max) If one of our sponsors want`s to promote something they are free to do so.Point being and I dont know if Max has or does have sponsors as running severs as quick as geeks is`nt cheap.There are plenty of sites on the inter-web that charges a fee to gain complete access.I dont think it would behoove Max and Meghan to have a classified section and have to get in the middle of potential disgruntle members.I can`t speak for autogeek but I know on our sites we have strict rules in place and if you cross the line you are banned.I promote autogeek every chance possible and Mike has his own area to post and reply to our members on the sites I represent.Much love to autogeek for being in my area.

GreatAvalon
05-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Sale goes bad and people go crying to AG? Man, the babies ruined it for everyone.

If a sale goes bad you man up and add it to a thread about people who ripped other people off like most other online forums. Then nobody buys from them and they stop coming on the forum.