PDA

View Full Version : So the Dealer Detailed This New 2015 GTI...

SYMAWD
05-24-2014, 12:59 AM
and it came out like a mirror. This is really more about the 2015 GTI. Anyone else a big fan of it? After driving it, I certainly am.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psny_FqjQxI]US 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Start Up, Exhaust, Test Drive, and In Depth Review - YouTube[/video]

Pureshine
05-24-2014, 01:33 AM
Not a fan of anything past 2009 so far. Car looks good!

TrolleyVW
05-24-2014, 09:23 AM
I actually really like the new tweaks. The stripe in the headlight is kind of eh but I do like the sleeker lines of the hood and such.

The new nav looks a bit less outdated than the previous RNS-315 as well.

JHL88
05-24-2014, 09:26 AM
car looks good.

I prefer the Focus ST

EvolutionDetail
05-24-2014, 10:38 AM
I started working as a Service advisor at VW....
Also my 1st job at a dealership. Idk if i would have the same thoughts & feelings if i worked at other manufactures brand, but personally i don't have high hopes on the VW brand, let alone the reliability of their vehicles lol.

Although they offer the most affordable entry level of luxury vehicles, the maintenance is just not worth it in the long run.

Coopers ST
05-24-2014, 01:01 PM
car looks good.

I prefer the Focus ST

The FoST is a fantastic car. I would love to drive a GTI though.

SYMAWD
05-24-2014, 06:31 PM
I started working as a Service advisor at VW....
Also my 1st job at a dealership. Idk if i would have the same thoughts & feelings if i worked at other manufactures brand, but personally i don't have high hopes on the VW brand, let alone the reliability of their vehicles lol.

Although they offer the most affordable entry level of luxury vehicles, the maintenance is just not worth it in the long run.

I think that about VW sometimes and then I wonder if I'd have the same thoughts if I worked at another dealership.

I think this MK7 Golf will prove that VW can make a good car out of Mexico. The cheapened Jetta and Beetle gave people the impression that made in Mexico = unreliable and poorly put together, but I think this car will change people's mind.

swanicyouth
05-24-2014, 07:06 PM
That's a very nice video you made of this car.

However , that car looks like it has way to many things that could break. I dunno, maybe I'm "old school", but stuff like voice command and tablet scrolling in my car is too much. I wouldn't even want to use half that stuff. I never got the allure of VWs. The engines sound like sewing machines to me.

SYMAWD
05-24-2014, 07:18 PM
That's a very nice video you made of this car.

However , that car looks like it has way to many things that could break. I dunno, maybe I'm "old school", but stuff like voice command and tablet scrolling in my car is too much. I wouldn't even want to use half that stuff. I never got the allure of VWs. The engines sound like sewing machines to me.

VWs are certainly a love it or hate it type of car. Today I did a dealer trade of a Passat TDI for a Passat V6. The trip was 100 miles each way and the cars did great in terms of driving, but than you go to look for the features and they just aren't there compared to the competition, but this new Golf is starting to show that VW is beginning to catch up.

VWs always impress me with their efficiency. I got 44 MPG in the TDI with no traffic and 30 MPG in the V6 which included a half hour of stop and go traffic on the NJ tpke.

WAXOFF
05-24-2014, 10:27 PM
I work at a VW dealer also and went to driving school for the 2015 GTI. Great car. Where did you get that car? They aren't supposed to be released yet.

SYMAWD
05-24-2014, 11:08 PM
I work at a VW dealer also and went to driving school for the 2015 GTI. Great car. Where did you get that car? They aren't supposed to be released yet.

Got it off the truck. Quite a few NJ dealers received at least one of their two initial GTIs on 05/22/2014. I have no idea why we got ours so early, but there is no hold on it and can be sold right away.

I wish I was able to go to my local GTI training at Englishtown Raceway, but I'm not in sales so it's not real easy to go.

peterhurcos
05-25-2014, 02:37 AM
I think that about VW sometimes and then I wonder if I'd have the same thoughts if I worked at another dealership.

I think this MK7 Golf will prove that VW can make a good car out of Mexico. The cheapened Jetta and Beetle gave people the impression that made in Mexico = unreliable and poorly put together, but I think this car will change people's mind.

Unfortunately, I don't think its the "Mexican" part that hurts these cars' reputation. Its the "VW" part. Every other manufacturer seems to do just fine in Mexico.

WAXOFF
05-25-2014, 07:46 AM
car looks good.

I prefer the Focus ST
We had a Focus ST at training and this car was far better. Focus ST has terrible torque steer.

HateSwirls
05-25-2014, 08:49 AM
and it came out like a mirror. This is really more about the 2015 GTI. Anyone else a big fan of it? After driving it, I certainly am.

US 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Start Up, Exhaust, Test Drive, and In Depth Review - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psny_FqjQxI)

I love it, great looking car right there, I love everything about it. :dblthumb2: