PDA

View Full Version : To: Totoland Mach Black 996 Porshce

Excessive Detail
06-10-2006, 11:01 PM
I was wondering what pad you used with the xmt #2 when you detailed that black 996 porsche? The reason I am asking is because I have to detail the same car, but this ones blue, and it has about as much swirls as the black one did and just wanted to get your input or any advice you may have.

Thank you.

Totoland Mach
06-11-2006, 07:29 AM
Sure: I used a Meguiars #8006 polishing pad. I also used the new XMT Pad Conditioner that you spritz on the pad prior to starting the work. It seemed to moisten the pad somewhat and worked well.

I tend to spend a lot of time on paint correction (striving for perfection I guess as I'm not satisfied until the finish is "poifeckt").

So far, the owner has corrected is washing methods and the car's finish is still in great shape.

Toto

Excessive Detail
06-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks, I did the car today with xmt 2 and a light cutting pad, it came out pretty good, I'm gonna post the pics later on the show and shine area.

Totoland Mach
06-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Sound GREAT! Post some pics when you get a chance. I just got back from a biz trip to Cleveland OH (man, the morning temp was parka wearing 48 this morning!)...Probably won't see that low temp until fall.

Totoland Mach