PDA

View Full Version : Is this pitting?

ironsurvivor
05-23-2014, 10:33 PM
I know it might be hard to see, but this is isolated only to my front bumper and this happened during the winter months. The rest of my car is great with no swirls. I did my last correction in March and these would not come out. Does anybody have any suggestions? At first i tried Dr. Colorchip, but upon very close inspection, its not rock chips, it's just small dots all across the front bumper. Some of them are rock chips, but the small weird dots are something else. If this can be fixed or at least minimized please let me know. It can only be seen when sunlight directly hits the front bumper.

StangFan25
05-23-2014, 11:56 PM
Yeah, hard to determine with that picture. Its dark and blurry.

Are the spots in question bumpy or pimple-like or are they actually "chips" in the surface?

ironsurvivor
05-24-2014, 12:15 AM
It feels smooth to the touch. Just a sec and ill take a better picture

ironsurvivor
05-24-2014, 12:36 AM
Ok, its not letting me upload pictures from my good camera

Evan.J
05-24-2014, 08:26 AM
looks like road rash to me

ironsurvivor
05-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Well i tried dr. colorchip letting it cure for an hour and then wiping off with minimal pressure and it didnt do anything. I then polished in another area with m205 and an orange pad and that removed any slight swirls, but still left behind that. The paint feels perfectly smooth in that area. There is not sharp points.