PDA

View Full Version : The Genuine T-Bar vs California Jelly Blade

MikeTaylor57
05-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Before I purchased either one of these products, I was wanting to know if anyone out there had used both products and had a preferance over one or the other ,or just any feedback at all on the two products would be appreciated. Thanks.

Evan.J
05-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Neither. I would go with quality microfiber waffle weave drying towels

builthatch
05-23-2014, 11:56 AM
^ exactly.

Mothers drying towel is amazing. just get that. if you need a little more flexibility (literally, because the Mothers towels can be a bit thick/stiff), pick up some high quality Guzzler HD-type towels along with the Mothers.

DO NOT GET BLADES. you can get as much water off the car by streaming as you can with a blade. they are good for scratching your surfaces, that's about it imo.

c8n
05-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Neither. I would go with quality microfiber waffle weave drying towels
:iagree:
Have you tried the flood method and/or electric leaf blower?

kevin_1981
05-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Before I purchased either one of these products, I was wanting to know if anyone out there had used both products and had a preferance over one or the other ,or just any feedback at all on the two products would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mike,
I've used the Jelly blade several times before. I'm new to detailing and everything, but I have never had it cause any deep scratches, but I'm willing to bet it has caused some light "swirl" kinda depth scratches. I have a TC, and the top is all glass, so i use it on that, but then I use towels for the painted panels. I would think if the paint was completely clean, and the blade was completely clean, youd be fine... but that seems like an ideal situation that probably wouldn't happen. Just my $.02, I know i probably didnt help too much, but I would listen to the guys that have been here longer and stick with the towel method :)

TuxedoTaurus
05-23-2014, 12:51 PM
I have used a few don't remember brand names, all seem pretty much the same. I always rinsed it of with water and the sprayed it with a QD then wiped the car. Rinsing and applying QD every couple panels then finished with a MF. It actually took more time than forced air. Once I used the force air I gave the blades to my brother.

FUNX650
05-23-2014, 02:23 PM
IMO...

Whether the vehicle is:
• "at home" and gets wet...Or,
• "goes out visiting" and gets wet...
presents two wholly different set of circumstances.

Currently:
I'm not aware of any "perfect drying system(s)"
for either scenario.

Bob

2old2change
05-23-2014, 04:06 PM
The less you touch you painted surface the better off you are. Invest in a leaf type blower and dab the remaining water with a microfiber towel of your choice.