PDA

View Full Version : Softener Cartridges Keep Failing? Help!

140BPM
05-22-2014, 08:39 PM
I've been using the dual sediment/softener cartridge system from autogeek for the last two years, and each year I need to replace the entire cartridge (not just the resin). Here is what keeps happening:

Notice the top foam center ring is detached from the top of the cartridge. It seems the glue or epoxy has failed. Although do correct me if I'm wrong - I don't have a new unit to compare to yet.

After a few months of use starting with each new cartridge I begin to feel the small resin particles in the wash bucket and all over for that matter. Once it failed so badly and quickly that the hose nozzle clogged before I realized what was happening.

Does anyone else have this issue?! I keep ordering replacements because I like the peace of mind of having this system, but if this is typical then I may switch to a better system.

I can't imagine this is normal - why sell replacement resin and recharge kits if the cartridge itself will disintegrate before the resin even wears out?

140BPM
05-23-2014, 02:36 PM
No one? Maybe I should have posted in a different forum section?

aim4squirrels
05-23-2014, 03:01 PM
is your water pressure unusually high?

140BPM
05-24-2014, 12:26 AM
I don't believe my water pressure is too high. Actually it seems pretty weak compared to my backyard spigot. I forgot to mention that I do have this mounted on my front wall and it is in direct sunlight most of the time. Other than that nothing unusual.

Is it recommended to remove cartridges and allow to air dry between washes? I usually keep them attached during summer months. Could this be part of it?