PDA

View Full Version : Car Pro CeriGlass

Pages : [1] 2

rbss
05-22-2014, 04:38 PM
Hey guys Im about to use the Flyby30 kit on my windshield. I would like to apply the Ceriglass polish by machine. I forgot to buy the pads for glass. Would it be ok to use a orange or white CCS pad on a PC?

GreatAvalon
05-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Do you have any scratches or anything to get out?

Sizzle Chest
05-22-2014, 04:41 PM
I don't believe those pads will be 'aggressive' enough. Glass is extremely hard and those pads don't have enough 'umph' to remove any scratches if you have any.

rbss
05-22-2014, 04:52 PM
Do you have any scratches or anything to get out?

My windshield is pretty bad. I guess I should order the correct pads. I might try hitting with a yellow pad and my rotary just for fun.

GreatAvalon
05-22-2014, 05:01 PM
My windshield is pretty bad. I guess I should order the correct pads.
Yep haha. Hey, its worth a try unless it somehow causes more scratches. Be sure to start on the pass. side :D :laughing:

AutowerxDetailing
05-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Hey guys Im about to use the Flyby30 kit on my windshield. I would like to apply the Ceriglass polish by machine. I forgot to buy the pads for glass. Would it be ok to use a orange or white CCS pad on a PC?

Orange CCS + Ceriglass will remove slight wiper haze and water spots. The CarPro felt glass pads will remove moderate to severe glass defects.

rbss
05-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Orange CCS + Ceriglass will remove slight wiper haze and water spots. The CarPro felt glass pads will remove moderate to severe glass defects.

Awesome.:xyxthumbs: The cars I plan on applying the glass coating to are not bad just a polish by hand should do the job.

HateSwirls
05-22-2014, 07:29 PM
I need to add something to my windshield on my brand new Mirage while it's in perfect condition , clay, Polish and add some sort of protection to it.

GreatAvalon
05-22-2014, 07:31 PM
I need to add something to my windshield on my brand new Mirage while it's in perfect condition , clay, Polish and add some sort of protection to it.
i didn't like FlyBy30 on my windshield. But maybe I did something wrong with it. Corey is the man though.

Gearhead
05-22-2014, 07:51 PM
What are you going to use to heat the windshield after applying? I read on the bottle you have to heat for 5 mins. I am asking because I just got my flyby30 today and want to try it out.

GreatAvalon
05-22-2014, 07:55 PM
What are you going to use to heat the windshield after applying? I read on the bottle you have to heat for 5 mins. I am asking because I just got my flyby30 today and want to try it out.
Yea, its 80*C!!! That is like 175*F. Dang that is hot. There is no way of evenly heating the glass with a heat gun for 5 minutes keeping it at 175*F.

When I applied mine, I heated with a heat gun for 5 mins, but I'm confident all the glass did not stay 175*F for 5 mins.

Guessless
05-22-2014, 08:06 PM
just done over 2 days of polishing my glass via Ceriglass and the carpro ryan pads.
The ryan pads are very abrasive and that's how they cut the glass to get rid of scratches, even then some of the scratches were not removed completely on my glass, though that may have something to do with me getting tired. having said that I seriously doubt the orange or even the yellow pads would remove any scratches. with the Carpro ryan pads you need to spend a good time on the glass,half hour to an hour per window one to two on a larger windshield, to remove scratches.
Carpro pads get the better reviews among glass pads too.

rbss
05-22-2014, 08:18 PM

Heat gun

Sherif
05-23-2014, 01:18 AM

Opti-Glass 👍

Avi@CarPro
05-23-2014, 06:36 AM
No need to heat up the glass after flyby30 coating.
its always good to heat up but without heating will work too

just let it dry in the sun will be fine as well.