PDA

View Full Version : My new Black 07 Toyota Tundra CrewMax

chillinintheoc
07-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Hey Guy's,
My frist post on this site....

Last week I pickup a Black 07 Toyota Tundra CrewMax and I need to wash it but I have been scared to because I dident want to get all of the swrel marks in the paint.....And with help from Dan at D&D Auto Detailing told me somethings to get.
I have never when't out and bought auto detailing stuff so I had no idea what to get and the right way to use it.

Look below.....did I start off on the right foot?

Kit includes:

16 oz. Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo
8 oz. Pinnacle Souveran Wax
16 oz. Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion
16 oz. Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Spray
2 Cobra Indigo Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloths
1 Foam Wax Applicator Pad
1 Microfiber Applicator Pad

And I got:
1. Cobra Guzzler
2. Edge White Shmitt

Thanks
Jim

D
07-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Of course you did, great products there.

I would get some type of degreaser and a brush to clean your wheel wells. Then DP wheel glaze or Poorboys wheel sealant to protect the rims. Then just clean them with your regular soap.

Then you might want some stuff for the interior. DP total interior protectant can clean everything except glass. Protect with Optimum Protectant Plus, use Pinnacle Leather conditioner for leather. And Stoners for glass.

I would also get some Cobra jr. microfiber to use with your Crystal Mist.

Check out this video, Car Detailing Videos (http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/autogeek/pinnacle/flash/) Make sure you take note of the two bucket method, flooding method, and other proper drying techniques.

That stuff will get you off on the right foot for now. Eventually you'll need to do some polishing.

Jimmie
07-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Two thumbs up here. You're starting with some of the best.
I agree with D&D that you'll eventually want to add stuff for tires, wheels, interior, glass.

Andy6228
07-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Don't forget the clay.

budman3
07-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Huge truck + black color = big order from AG :).

That looks pretty good. You may want a light swirl remover to clean up any mess that the dealer may have left you though. And clay. And more MFs. One can never have too much clay, MFs, or pads for a machine. Good luck.

chillinintheoc
07-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Huge truck + black color = big order from AG :).

That looks pretty good. You may want a light swirl remover to clean up any mess that the dealer may have left you though. And clay. And more MFs. One can never have too much clay, MFs, or pads for a machine. Good luck.

Do I need to use Caly on a new car?

Bags
07-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Yes you need to clay the new car. You will be surprised at what will comae off of the paint even new. Black is tough to keep up. I had a black Acura TL, it will get some swirls and small scratches and nics, its part of life. Learn how to wash your black truck properly and take your time, rise your mitt often, use plenty of soap. I say focus on washing for 2 reasons 1) of all the detailing steps you wash your vehicle more often than any other steps, 2) improper washing cause more swirls than anything else. If you havent already get one of those plastic bug guards for the front of your truck it will save your paint from more than just bugs. Most importantly lets see some pics of the nice a$$ truck.

chillinintheoc
07-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Yes you need to clay the new car. You will be surprised at what will comae off of the paint even new. Black is tough to keep up. I had a black Acura TL, it will get some swirls and small scratches and nics, its part of life. Learn how to wash your black truck properly and take your time, rise your mitt often, use plenty of soap. I say focus on washing for 2 reasons 1) of all the detailing steps you wash your vehicle more often than any other steps, 2) improper washing cause more swirls than anything else. If you havent already get one of those plastic bug guards for the front of your truck it will save your paint from more than just bugs. Most importantly lets see some pics of the nice a$$ truck.
Thanks for the Tips.
I don't have any photos of the Truck yet....I will get some and post them soon

D
07-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Id get some Pinnacle Poly clay for it.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Do I need to use Caly on a new car?

Depends, check your paint by putting a plastic sandwich baggie on your hand drag it over your paint. If you feel little nodules = yep you need to clay

Nice products there...

Tonya
07-25-2007, 05:57 AM
:applause: You are off to a great start!! Just keep asking questions and these guys will keep you on the right track. Welcome!