PDA

View Full Version : Wax The Builds Body Integrity

brokeinpa4ever
07-24-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm new to the forums, could someone give me some advice....
I just purchased a 2008 Ford SUV. I have a stone driveway that has caused a paint chip already. Other than mudflaps (which I plan on purchasing this week). Is their a wax on the market that would improve the paint and give the paint the ability to help resist chips, etc?

makdaddy626
07-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Welcome to AG! I can't help you with any paint sealants/waxes to prevent chipping but if it's out there, somewhere here will know.

Thejoyofdriving
07-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Welcome. I know of now wax that can do what you ask, car wax goes no very thin(hunreds of times thinner than the human hair). However, there are other things that you can use to protect your finish, many people invest in something called "clear armor" It also goes by other names too, but basicly it is a clear plastic film that you can apply to the problem areas on the car. Hope this helps, let us know if you have any more questions.:)

67Customs
07-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah, there isn't a wax that will stop a rock chip.

The clear sheets you stick on your paint is an awesome idea. 3M and lamin-x make good products in this area.

davevg
07-24-2007, 01:00 PM
It is called Paint Protection Film (PPF). 3M, Lamin-X and VentureShield are ones I know of (I'm pretty sure there are more). I have no experience with them but I think Lamin-X sells their kits/rolls to the public while the others do not.

A1monky
07-24-2007, 02:05 PM
My parents have a gravel drive way also. When ever I go home I just slow down alot! I also use mud flaps on the front. Sorry no wax that prevents chips. 3m clear bras can help. Some companies shape the film for rocker panels too. Check your local 3m applicator, they should be able to help you.