PDA

View Full Version : When to use IronX?

blachatch
05-22-2014, 09:10 AM
Would I use IronX before or after I clay the car?

Thanks

poweraid
05-22-2014, 09:11 AM
use it before U clay

zmcgovern45
05-22-2014, 09:17 AM
When introducing new products and processes into your routine, it helps to think about the process logically...

Consider the purpose of both IronX and detailing clay. IronX is used to remove bonded iron particles. Detailing clay is used to remove all bonded contaminates.

If you were to use Iron X after claying, there would be very little (or hopefully no) iron contaminates remaining for the product to remove. With that being said, it would make most sense to use IronX first to eliminate the iron particles before claying, thus leaving less contamination for you to remove with the clay bar and therefore (hopefully) saving you time using the clay bar (or synthetic clay substitute).

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-22-2014, 09:32 AM
When introducing new products and processes into your routine, it helps to think about the process logically...

Consider the purpose of both IronX and detailing clay. IronX is used to remove bonded iron particles. Detailing clay is used to remove all bonded contaminates.

If you were to use Iron X after claying, there would be very little (or hopefully no) iron contaminates remaining for the product to remove. With that being said, it would make most sense to use IronX first to eliminate the iron particles before claying, thus leaving less contamination for you to remove with the clay bar and therefore (hopefully) saving you time using the clay bar (or synthetic clay substitute).

Well said.

blachatch
05-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Thanks everyone I just wanted to check with the experts as I am new to a lot of these products.

Thanks

Mike Phillips
05-22-2014, 10:58 AM
There's one very important reason left out....

The reason you want to use Iron X first is to dissolve any iron particles before you clay the paint or use any other mechanical means to decontaminate the paint.

The reason why is because if there are iron particles in the paint, if you use clay and successfully pull out or pull off these iron particles onto the clay, you now risk rubbing these iron particles over the paint instilling scratches.

Been there done that one time in my life.

So chemically decontaminate first and then mechanically decontaminate.

:dblthumb2:

HD.Detailing
05-22-2014, 12:32 PM
a little tip, using a pressure sprayer uses very little product and even coverage