PDA

View Full Version : Pressure washer recommendations

Pages : [1] 2 3

Grifffx4
05-21-2014, 09:16 AM
I'm starting to shop around for a PW. I'd like to use it for myself and part-time side jobs as I start out doing detail jobs. I specifically would like to use a foam cannon as well as usual uses.

How many PSI?
Electric or Gas?
Good brands?

Thanks

KenR
05-21-2014, 10:10 AM
There are so many factors in making a pressure washer decision. I personally have a Karcher-X electric, which is a good brand. My best advice is to google the question and read from as many websites as possible. That's how I made mine.

Grifffx4
05-21-2014, 10:17 AM
There are so many factors in making a pressure washer decision. I personally have a Karcher-X electric, which is a good brand. My best advice is to google the question and read from as many websites as possible. That's how I made mine.

I refering to specifically detailing use and use on autos. Easy portability, not too strong, etc

swanicyouth
05-21-2014, 10:25 AM
I went with a Walmart cheapo Karcher over 2 years ago. Still works perfectly.

KenR
05-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Agree with swanicyouth. The various Karcher machines are ones to consider. I've connected a foam cannon to it. This is if you are not using the machine on more constant basis. If you get more side jobs then maybe something more robust might be in order.

KenR
05-21-2014, 10:45 AM
The Pressure Washer Direct website may also help you with your decision.

DetailKitty
05-21-2014, 10:53 AM
I know there are several discussions on here alone to help you decide.

I personally decided on an electric one since I was using it specifically for detailing, and went with a Greenworks and am very happy with it. If it's for your car or truck, you don't need a ton of PSI.

EVOlved
05-21-2014, 11:01 AM
I have an AR383 and that works perfect for me. Comes with a hose reel, longer cord than most, and is all self contained.

10secdream
05-21-2014, 11:06 AM
I guess I am on the otherside of the fence and I love my gas powered unit. I use my pressure washer for other things around the house so the extra PSI is beneficial. I recommend buying your pressure washer from Costco because the failure rate on pressure washers is pretty high and Costco has a great return policy.

215Detailing
05-21-2014, 02:26 PM
also see his other video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BIyE4UkQJY]Little electric pressure washer - YouTube[/video]

brondondolon
05-21-2014, 03:20 PM
I had an electric one from walmart. It was the worst investment ive ever made... I spent more time fixing it then i ever did using it. I used it a total of 5 times and then i had enough. I just got done polishing the chrome cleaning the windows and dressing the trim and i was about half way done applying the wax and then the damn hose popped and soaked my whole truck. Im a very happy go lucky person by nature and i never lose my temper. But this instance i became so furious that i picked the pressure washer up and gorilla slammed it into the trash can busting it to pieces. I now have a gas powered honda pressure washer and i couldnt be happier.

mikesal57
05-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Take some advise .....

If your on this site , then most likely you'll look at a foam canon down the line..

Stay away from PW''s that don't have a quick connect on their wand..

Some electric PW , like AR and Campbell Hausweld are made from different countries and trying to connect something is a jigsaw puzzle

and most likely will leak!!

good luck

Grifffx4
05-22-2014, 01:55 AM
Take some advise .....

If your on this site , then most likely you'll look at a foam canon down the line..

Some electric PW , like AR and Campbell Hausweld are made from different countries and trying to connect something is a jigsaw puzzle

good luck

Thanks, I have already been looking at the foam cannon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat

EVOlved
05-22-2014, 02:03 AM
Take some advise .....

good luck

My ar was easy as pie not sure what your referring to but if you buy the cannon from them it's the same MTM cannon everyone else sells (for more money most of them too) with the adapter attached to it.

hawaiian
05-22-2014, 02:51 AM
1700 psi. Electric. SIMPSON. From COSTCO