PDA

View Full Version : Help a newbie by critiquing my choice of products/process for a new car?

justone73
05-20-2014, 10:01 PM
Hello all! First, thanks to everyone, I've already learned so much browsing around these forums. This place is a goldmine! My name is Justin and I live on the gulfcoast of Alabama. I just purchased a new car last week and am trying to decide on a good protection plan for it. I was hoping someone could critique the products and process I've selected? I know everyone has different opinions on the "best" products, but I've tried to select products that are fairly inexpensive, beginner friendly, and don't take a long cure time (I don't have a garage to work in). I'd appreciate any feedback before I go on a shopping spree!

My plan for the exterior so far is:

1. Wash with Meguiar's Gold
2. Use Poorboy's Bug Squash on any remaining bugs
3. Dry
4. "Clay" the paint with Nanoskin Autoscrub Fine Grade Sponge and Optimum No-Rinse Wash & Shine
5. Apply Klasse AIO to the paint, windows, and black plastic trim.
6. Apply DG 105 (Total Performance Polish) to the paint
7. Apply DG 253 (Tire and Mat Dressing) to the tires and black rubber trim

How does that sound? Any big things or better products I'm missing? I'm worried that the Klasse AIO isn't a "true" polish, but I like how easy it sounds to apply and that it can be used on so many other surfaces besides the paint. The car is currently in good condition with only very minor swirling (from the dealership). Is the DG 105 a good choice on top of the KAIO? I like how easy it sounds to apply and how durable it sounds. Klasse High Gloss Sealant sounded difficult to apply and had a long cure time (which is very difficult for me). Are there any better choices that are still fairly inexpensive?

Thanks for any advice!