PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss Enviroshield Questions

Setec Astronomy
05-20-2014, 09:26 AM
Sorry, those other threads got too long to go through.

1. This stuff comes in a metal bottle?

2. Can you leave the sprayer in the bottle--it won't clog up or allow the product to dry out? If you can't leave it in the bottle, how do you clean it? Just pump it dry or pump water or IPA through it?

3. Will this stuff crust up in/on your applicators/towels? If yes, just rinse with water after using?

Setec Astronomy
05-21-2014, 02:12 PM
No one?

dad07
05-21-2014, 03:12 PM

1. This stuff comes in a metal bottle? yes mine did

2. Can you leave the sprayer in the bottle--it won't clog up or allow the product to dry out? If you can't leave it in the bottle, how do you clean it? Just pump it dry or pump water or IPA through it? I'm not sure but in theory you would think it would cure in the sprayer.......I would remove it clean it out with ipa or some kind of solvent.

3. Will this stuff crust up in/on your applicators/towels? If yes, just rinse with water after using? foam applicators are cheap.......toss it when done. and your towels......toss them in some apc and soak them a little then wash them and you should be fine.

Klasse Act
05-21-2014, 04:17 PM

1. This stuff comes in a metal bottle?

2. Can you leave the sprayer in the bottle--it won't clog up or allow the product to dry out? If you can't leave it in the bottle, how do you clean it? Just pump it dry or pump water or IPA through it?

3. Will this stuff crust up in/on your applicators/towels? If yes, just rinse with water after using?

Q #1, yes, Q #2 I have left the sprayer in the bottle w/o and issue but you could use a mix of whatever you want every so often and cycle it through and Q #3, well I just wash and rinse out the applicator w/o a problem.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

FUNX650
05-21-2014, 04:54 PM

FWIW...
An answer to a similar question, on another detail forum:

I had asked the folks at Duragloss about cleaning the sprayer and the shelf life of the product once open. Here is the reply:

Tom,
Thank you for your inquiry. Clean the sprayers with mineral spirits.

Shelf life is indefinite if kept stored between 60 - 80 degrees. Keep out of extreme heat due to the flammability of the product.
Heat will also cause evaporation as well.

Thanks,

Duragloss

Bob

Setec Astronomy
05-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Thanks, gentlemen.