PDA

View Full Version : New Ford Taurus B-Pillar Protection

TuxedoTaurus
05-19-2014, 08:35 PM
I have searched and cannot seem to find an answer. I own a 6-Gen Taurus(Avatar Pic) and the B- pillars are a mess. I am going to polish them out. The plastic is uber soft. You can place the softest MF on it and it will scratch.

Is there anything that can be applied to prevent scratches on it?

All help is much appreciated!

EddieF
05-19-2014, 08:39 PM
I'm curious myself, I have a 13 fusion and I swirled m b-pillars up pretty good.

TuxedoTaurus
05-19-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm curious myself, I have a 13 fusion and I swirled m b-pillars up pretty good.

They look awesome when clean, but it doesn't last long. I wish Ford would have used something a little more durable.

jamesboyy
05-19-2014, 09:16 PM
You could apply opti coat or a sealant just try not to bother them so much also chemical guys have a video about polishing out b pillars

TuxedoTaurus
05-19-2014, 11:59 PM
Is there a specific sealant for plastic or would any regular one work?

Sent from my XT912 using AG Online

DapperD
05-20-2014, 12:32 AM
Just did a swirl removal on all pillars of a 2014 explorer. I just used v38 from CG and a white hex logic pad (light cut), worked great and swirl free. And yes somehow they were a mess and the car had 800 miles on it. You won't need much to correct them as they are super soft.

jamesboyy
05-20-2014, 01:01 AM
Any sealant you have on hand should work I use klasse high gloss sealant on mines just remember be very gentle and light handed they scratch and mar way to easy

davey g-force
05-20-2014, 01:04 AM
^^ True, but a sealant won't do much to stop them scratching / swirling in the future IMO..

TuxedoTaurus
05-20-2014, 10:08 AM
So would a coating be best to prevent or even reduce the swirls? If so which coating? I am not looking to put a coating on the whole car as I want to try some different top coat combos to see what I like best.

Pureshine
05-20-2014, 10:23 AM
So would a coating be best to prevent or even reduce the swirls? If so which coating? I am not looking to put a coating on the whole car as I want to try some different top coat combos to see what I like best.

Some thing like Opti-coat would be best for what your looking for. Its a permanent coating which is scratch resistant with that being said you still have to wash it the right way.