PDA

View Full Version : good car soap

asalesagent912
05-19-2014, 07:04 PM
looking for a good soap to strip wax and polishing oils to prepare for coating

BobbyG
05-19-2014, 07:10 PM
After polishing and before applying a coating such as Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0, CarPro Eraser or similar product should be used to ready the surface...An IPA solution will also work...:props:

asalesagent912
05-19-2014, 07:20 PM
After polishing and before applying a coating such as Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0, CarPro Eraser or similar product should be used to ready the surface...An IPA solution will also work...:props:
thanks Bobby. i know i have to use eraser too just figured it would be a good idea to wash first with something that will help also. trying to get a good prep

Just02896
05-19-2014, 07:22 PM
I've been using CG Wash Clear with excellent results. CG wash red is also a great cleanser shampoo. With that said, I've learned to work clean and no longer see any need to wash after correcting and before coating. As Bobby said carpro eraser is all you really need to prep for the coating. I'm also happy that I no longer have to chase water drips from nooks and crannies after washing and while I'm applying a coating. :-)

BobbyG
05-19-2014, 07:37 PM
thanks Bobby. i know i have to use eraser too just figured it would be a good idea to wash first with something that will help also. trying to get a good prep

OH OK, I misunderstood. Any quality car wash would do and something like Duragloss #901 should work fine...

JHL88
05-19-2014, 07:46 PM
just add a couple ounces of APC like Optimum power clean to your regular wash soap. It won't strip everything off but it will help.

jamesboyy
05-19-2014, 07:57 PM
Chemical guys citrus wash and clear or wash and gloss is my go to for stripping lsp

asalesagent912
05-19-2014, 08:38 PM
ok thanks . pretty simple. lol

swanicyouth
05-19-2014, 08:47 PM
A few guys are recommending Eraser before OptiCoat. I was under the impression Eraser had something in it to repel dust, that didn't affect CQ.

But does it affect OC?

Anyone out there who has done a lot of OC coatings who relies on Eraser?

asalesagent912
05-19-2014, 09:09 PM
A few guys are recommending Eraser before OptiCoat. I was under the impression Eraser had something in it to repel dust, that didn't affect CQ.

But does it affect OC?

i will be using c quartz uk

FUNX650
05-19-2014, 09:21 PM
looking for a good soap to strip wax and polishing oils to prepare for coating
To clean (strip) off wax:
•Wash with any one of the good car-wash shampoos that AGO offers.
•Clay (per "The Baggie Test")
•Polish...Aggressiveness to be determined by your assessment techniques.

To clean off the above polishing oils:
•Ensure paint's squeaky-cleanliness per CQUK's recommended products/processes.

Bob

WRAPT C5Z06
05-19-2014, 10:08 PM

But does it affect OC?

Some claim it doesn't affect bonding with OC, while some say Eraser does. Don't use Eraser before OC, so there will be no question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk