PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone hate detailing interiors?

Pages : [1] 2

FMINUS
07-23-2007, 10:22 PM
I can wash the exterior every week, but I HATE doing interiors..

I dont think I have wiped down or clean the interior more than once a month.

D
07-23-2007, 10:40 PM
I dont need to do my interior more then once a month.

Thejoyofdriving
07-24-2007, 12:38 AM

Well i dont hate it, but it is my least favorite part of detailing. I keep a MF in my car 24/7 it rides shot gun with me, every time i am at a stop light i start to dust off my interior. Its great, it keeps my interior looking new.

scottgt
07-24-2007, 12:53 AM
i love it....i love when customers ask me for interior details.....i guess im a loser tho :(

tod071
07-24-2007, 01:03 AM
Yup, I hate it too. Unless customers ask for it, I won't offer it.

klumzypinoy
07-24-2007, 01:17 AM
Exterior is what i'm specializing right now, but I do like a clean interior :p

supercharged
07-24-2007, 01:18 AM

I fully detail interior every 3 months or so. That includes vacuming, cleaning carpet, vinyl, leather; conditioning leather, applying protectant to vinyl.
On a monthly basis I apply interior protectant to vinyl, plastic, and leather.
On weekly /bi-weekly basis I do a quick wipe down with a damp (just water, no cleaner/protectant) MF towel all interior surfaces.
Quick, easy and it works well. Pics can be posted upon request.

devst8
07-24-2007, 06:17 AM
i love it....i love when customers ask me for interior details.....i guess im a loser tho :(
X2

I love having a "new car" like interior. I also love the sent of freshly apply leather conditioner and vinyl protectant

it happed a couple of times I had people in my car and ask me to to their interior after :)

DantheMan
07-24-2007, 06:19 AM
I dont mind the interior, but I hate the windshield and back glass on most cars.

AL417
07-24-2007, 06:59 AM
As much as I love doing the paint work I find that most customers blow past the exterior and are more excited about the interior detail. The inside of their car is their home away from home. People that spend a lot of time driving really appreciate a good interior detail.
I still don't like doing windows especially the interior front and back.:o

Nica
07-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Yup, I agre with Al417. I'm big on the exterior but I find now that I take as much time if not more in the interior compared to the exterior. To a regular by standard a shiny vehicle is as good as the next shiny vehicle but the interior is where it counts. The interior is for the driver to enjoy the exterior is for others to notice...well at least that's what one of my customer told me and I can understand his point.

I love doing the interior, not sure why but I just love the way it looks at the end...better then new :righton: I've seen new vehicles interior and it dosen't even compare when it's detailed properly.

PhaRO
07-24-2007, 12:50 PM
I don't mind cleaning the interior on my cars since they are not very dirty. Doing interior details for customers when the interior is between IN NEED OF CLEANING and A GARBAGE CAN ON WHEELS is the pits. I've never enjoyed doing them and don't think I ever will. If I could never do another interior detail on a dirty car again I'd be very happy. I like keeping up with interiors that are in nice shape, I find that enjoyable. I don't find bringing the dead back to life enjoyable though.

Tandis1
07-24-2007, 01:24 PM
I love interiors too, like how it looks when finished:D

bill walsh
07-24-2007, 09:30 PM
i would rather do interiors over exteriors

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-24-2007, 09:32 PM
I really enjoy doing interiors.. As others have said that is what the avg joe will look at and appreciate the most..