PDA

View Full Version : Got some Pinnacle Souveran on my taillights, do I need to remove?

camaroz06
05-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Hello All,

I started to detail my CTS-V wagon today. Took a bit longer to get through the foaming, washing, and claying than I thought it would. By the time I whipped out the wax it was already too dark. I ended up just getting the roof done. But while I was doing the roof I didn't tape everything off and ended up getting some of the Pinnacle Souveran onto the roof brake light. I didn't see it haze onto it but again I couldn't see very well. I just tried to wipe what I could.

Just wanted to see what you guys think, should I re-clay the brake light or is it OK to actually wax the taillight/headlight housings?

I hope to finish the wax tomorrow after work. I'll be leaving my car in my garage and will have to wipe it down before I get on waxing again.

spiralout462
05-18-2014, 10:24 PM
It will benefit the lens. There is no need to worry.

dcjredline
05-18-2014, 10:26 PM
I wax all lenses while waxing the car.

wdmaccord
05-18-2014, 10:26 PM
I always clay, polish, and apply my sealant/wax to my headlights and tail lights.

camaroz06
05-18-2014, 10:51 PM
What about chrome parts like the window and roof top trim?

cleanmycorolla
05-18-2014, 10:59 PM
What about chrome parts like the window and roof top trim?

You should be fine, if not any APC will take it off. You can put a wax or sealant on most any surface

camaroz06
05-18-2014, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Do you think I'm OK with wiping the car down with a few plush microfiber (miracle towels) and then finishing up the waxing tomorrow? Car's been in the garage since I finished the roof. Its sometimes dusty since its detached but in general it isnt bad at all since its been raining and I've cleaned it out since I started to park in there this week.

Sue Esponte
05-19-2014, 07:29 PM
I intentional apply Souveran wax (not the liquid stuff) to my lights. No residue. No buildup. It looks great.

-Eric

Sent from my iPad