PDA

View Full Version : M205 Issues

BennyHFP
05-18-2014, 06:02 PM
Hello everyone I recently purchased m205 and Griots 6"inch polisher for my first paint correction. The vehicle is a 2012 white Honda accord. I was using m205 to remove some light scuffs on the paint with a orange CCCS 4" pad followed by a 4" white CCCSpad. I know i need to work on my technique but now I have scratches on paint that were not there before. I primed my pads then applied 3 pea size drops on pads spread the product out first then I tried the Griots on Speed 4.5 for about 4-5 passes with orange and same with white pad. One of the areas i am working on is convex panel on passenger side and I am having difficulty keeping the pad flat. Should i consider doing this area by hand with m205 on a orange or white pad?, or is this a sign that m205 is to aggressive for my paint?.
Any help would be appreciated?

Paul A.
05-18-2014, 06:18 PM
I'd want to try the white pad with M205 and if you still get marring do you have a black pad? How much pressure are you exerting on the machine and pad? Lighten it up if your squishing the pad and see what you get with a white pad. Maybe even the white pad you're using with M205 is creating some issues with what sounds like soft paint. I do like M205 but do you have any other finish polishes?

The Guz
05-18-2014, 06:19 PM
Honda's can sometimes have soft paint. Try using a finishing pad with M205 and see if that works.

BennyHFP
05-18-2014, 06:43 PM
I'd want to try the white pad with M205 and if you still get marring do you have a black pad? How much pressure are you exerting on the machine and pad? Lighten it up if your squishing the pad and see what you get with a white pad. Maybe even the white pad you're using with M205 is creating some issues with what sounds like soft paint. I do like M205 but do you have any other finish polishes?

yes i do have black pads just picked some up. As for pressure I am using moderate pressure but i notice if the pad stops spinning and it has a few times especially when i am going over the curved edge of the panel. as for other finishing polishes I do not have any. reading forums and other online users recommend ultimate compound. i was considering Menzerna 4000 or 4500. Any recommendations?.

thanks for your help.

BennyHFP
05-18-2014, 06:44 PM
Honda's can sometimes have soft paint. Try using a finishing pad with M205 and see if that works.

Thanks for the response will try a finishing pad.

Paul A.
05-18-2014, 06:55 PM
I would highly recommend the Menz 4500 and with a black pad on your soft paint may look miraculous. Also make sure your towel materials are surgically clean too.

Given what you have though i might be tempted to try the M205, black finishing pad and light pressure and wipe clean with your sugically clean MF towel.

BennyHFP
05-18-2014, 06:59 PM
I would highly recommend the Menz 4500 and with a black pad on your soft paint may look miraculous. Also make sure your towel materials are surgically clean too.

Given what you have though i might be tempted to try the M205, black finishing pad and light pressure and wipe clean with your sugically clean MF towel.

Thanks for your help once again will give it a shot and upload pictures.

TrolleyVW
05-18-2014, 07:52 PM
You said there are scratches that were not there previous to your polishing.

Are you sure they are not RIDS that are showing clearly due to the fact that they were hidden amongst swirls and other defects that you've now removed?

BennyHFP
05-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Possibility they are rids. I going to try a finishing pilish. Thanx for the reply.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using AG Online

stilltipping3
05-18-2014, 08:43 PM

I just ordered 4000 since I have 4500 and was wondering the difference or when to use each one. I think u answered my question. Thanks

hollerstiltner
05-18-2014, 08:56 PM
You said there are scratches that were not there previous to your polishing.

Are you sure they are not RIDS that are showing clearly due to the fact that they were hidden amongst swirls and other defects that you've now removed?

I believe this may be what's happening. A picture would help determine if it's haze from soft paint or rids that are left behind.

You could also try going over the scratches with a compound with the orange pad, then 205 on a white/black pad.

My only other idea off top of my head is to check your towels. You could be adding marks as you remove the polish.