PDA

View Full Version : What to use after WG uber compound for polish

Pages : [1] 2

brondondolon
05-18-2014, 06:01 PM
So as the title suggest what is a good polish to use after WG uber compound? I have WG TSR and megs D151 but would like a dedicated polish. Something from the mezerna line would be preferred but im open to suggestions. Im thinking mezerna power finish?

cleanmycorolla
05-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Wolfgang finishing glaze

brondondolon
05-18-2014, 07:17 PM
I have some of that laying around too. I dont really care for it though.

custmsprty
05-18-2014, 07:30 PM

What don't you like about it?

geekdout
05-18-2014, 07:30 PM
There is nothing wrong with mixing products from different manufacturers. But its always a good idea to use products from the same manufacturer because they are designed to work together.

As for a good polish to use after Uber Compound that really depends on what you are working on and what your goals are. Menzerna PF2500 is a great polish but for some it will not finish out good enough on dark colors.

parttimer
05-18-2014, 07:36 PM
2500 or 4500 however I have used finishing glaze just fine as well.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

spiralout462
05-18-2014, 07:45 PM
Wolfgang finishing glaze
:iagree:

That's crazy talk! It's the easiest polish I have used and It's built to follow Uber Compound!

I would like to know myself.Feed back please

brondondolon
05-18-2014, 08:05 PM

Maybe i should give it another try. I used it when i was new to detailing and didnt know to much. When i used it after TSR i did a test spot and i didnt notice any difference. It left a bad taste in my mouth i guess you could say. But now that i know what im doing and you guys all recommend it ill give it a try next paint correction. But would you guys recommend using TSR after the uber compound then the WG FG? Or since the uber compound finishes so well is the TSR not needed?

spiralout462
05-18-2014, 09:39 PM
I would use TSR or Uber Compound. Since UC came out I don't think I've picked up TSR but every paint is different. I suppose best practice should be "least aggressive fist" but UC is a wonderful product!

custmsprty
05-18-2014, 09:41 PM
I'd say the same as above, either TSR or Uber and then FG. Also, maybe play around with different pad combos.

refreshauto
05-18-2014, 11:14 PM
I just used the FG. But you could go from the US to the FG and if you have the deep gloss paint sealant go with it. You will no be disappointed

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AG Online

05-18-2014, 11:19 PM
I'd follow-up Fg400 with either Menzerna SF4000 or Wolfgang Finishing Glaze. Try a test spot with polishing pad and finishing pad - i'm sure you'll be happy with the results. Ime, WG Finishing Glaze finished better...

StangFan25
05-19-2014, 01:24 AM
Wolfgang finishing glaze

I'll suggest this as well. Just used Uber followed by WFG on Saturday. Amazing stuff.

FrankS
05-19-2014, 03:07 AM
Try Wolfgang Finishing Glaze.

Mike Phillips
05-19-2014, 06:24 AM
So as the title suggest what is a good polish to use after WG uber compound? I have WG TSR and megs D151 but would like a dedicated polish. Something from the mezerna line would be preferred but im open to suggestions. Im thinking mezerna power finish?

What are you working on?

The TSR is a good follow-up as it finished out LSP ready for a lot of people. Remember not everyone is shooting for the stars or working on a black car.

The FG is a much finer polish if you want to squeeze all the shine out of the paint.

This car was taken from a swirled out mess to a flawless wet paint job using Uber and FG and back then I also used the Rupes Duetto, a prototype as there were no production units available.

I also coated this with the Black Label Diamond Paint Coating, which at the time was also not public yet.

Lady in Red - 1986 Porsche - 4-Step Process (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/71247-lady-red-1986-porsche-4-step-process.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2071/1986_Porsche_Mike_Phillips_058.jpg

Rupes Prototypes

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2162/New_Rupes_DA_Polisher_001.jpg

Black Label Diamond Paint Coating - Pre Launch

http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/Black_Diamond_Paint_Coating.Secret.1.jpg

:)