PDA

View Full Version : 2 quick questions

brondondolon
05-18-2014, 05:58 PM
I have 2 questions

What is a good cleaner for headliner?

Whats a good cleaner for dark interior suede?

I have megs APC can i use that on either of those?

Paul A.
05-18-2014, 06:25 PM
I love Folex for headliner stains however headliner adhesives do not like moisture. Knowing that, i limit my application to q-tips and a dry the area where it is applied thoroughly. That is for spot cleanups...if you are trying to clean an entire headliner i can't offer much other than don't get it too wet.

Rsurfer
05-18-2014, 06:53 PM
I would not use an apc on suede. They do make suede specific cleaners.

Pureshine
05-18-2014, 07:10 PM
Head liner I've used Folex for years and for suede I use Sonax new suede cleaner works great.

jamesboyy
05-18-2014, 09:05 PM
For both headliners and suede you can use folex but don't spray the cleaner direct on the headliner spray it on a microfiber towel and clean for more stubborn area use a small brush to agitate and blot dry as you can get it as for suede try not to crush the fibers, you can use a scrub pad, brush or stream if needed also don't forget to vacuum the fibers back up once cleaned lastly to maintain clean suede just lightly wipe it with water on a microfiber towel ever week or other week

Vegas Transplant
05-18-2014, 09:43 PM
I have 2 questions

What is a good cleaner for headliner?
Whats a good cleaner for dark interior suede?

I have megs APC can i use that on either of those?

Suede or Micro Suede?

wdmaccord
05-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Just cleaned a couple spots on my headliner this weekend. Used BF APC 1:10 and a vent brush to gently clean. Then "rinsed" by blotting with a damp MF (filtered water). Then dabbed with a dry MF to try and wick out as much of the moisture as possible.

brondondolon
05-18-2014, 10:34 PM
Suede or Micro Suede?

I'm not positive. The suede I'll be cleaning next week will be on a customers Honda fit with bride seats. Says he has a soda stain. I've never had to remove a stain from suede before so I guess you can say I'm looking for a suede cleaner that can be used on fake suede real suede and micro suede. As far as the headliner I was just curious if any one is using a dedicated headliner cleaner of some sort. But as the answers suggest looks like I'll just be using some good ol fashioned folex.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

Romach
05-19-2014, 03:01 AM
I had a similar problem with suede seats on a 20 year old lotus so I used a stiff nylon brush, steam and clean brown paper and a lot of time to do it.

Go really slow and do it bit by bit and it will work so long as you brush up and down the grain