PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Tire and Trim Guard Curing in bottle

stephent007
05-18-2014, 01:49 PM
I noticed that there is what looks like cured product at the bottom of my bottle of Ultima tire and trim guard plus. It looks like about 1/4oz has solidified at base of the bottle. There was no change after shaking it for a couple minutes.

Has anyone encountered anything like this?

Rayaz
05-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Check for a hole in the bottle or cap. It gets kinda rubbery when it dries around the cap so I suspect an air leak somewhere.

Great product none the less.

stephent007
05-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Thanks for your response. I just checked, I couldn't see any holes and when I squeezed the closed bottle no air was escaping.

cleanmycorolla
05-18-2014, 04:07 PM
shake it, i mean shake it until your arm falls off....sometimes over time products will separate and if a good shake doesn't work, perhaps it's been lost???

ScottB
05-18-2014, 05:41 PM
chemicals settle, as long as no air is getting into bottle, you should indeed shake well until all is remixed before using.

stephent007
05-19-2014, 12:50 AM
shake it, i mean shake it until your arm falls off....sometimes over time products will separate and if a good shake doesn't work, perhaps it's been lost???

chemicals settle, as long as no air is getting into bottle, you should indeed shake well until all is remixed before using.

I'll give it another try but I have had products separate before and this does not seem to be the case.

TheFrankenberry
05-19-2014, 01:10 AM
A bottle of Ultima Paint Guard Plus+ did that to me. Neither continuous, vigorous shaking nor running it under hot water (like Collinite 845) could make it disippate or reduce its footprint in the bottom of the bottle.

In any case, it came that way to me from AG, and has not increased in size after nearly a year. I wouldn't be worried about it, but you could always call Premium Finish Care in FL at 1-800-234-3425.

stephent007
05-19-2014, 05:19 AM
A bottle of Ultima Paint Guard Plus+ did that to me. Neither continuous, vigorous shaking nor running it under hot water (like Collinite 845) could make it disippate or reduce its footprint in the bottom of the bottle.

In any case, it came that way to me from AG, and has not increased in size after nearly a year. I wouldn't be worried about it, but you could always call Premium Finish Care in FL at 1-800-234-3425.

Thank you that's good to know.

Have you used uttg before this bottle? If so, did you notice any difference in the performance of the affected bottle?