PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tired XMT360 on clearcoated wheels?

TCB
07-23-2007, 09:39 PM
So I understand that with clearcoated or painted wheels that you can (some say should) use the same polish that you would use on the body of the car to give it a nice cleaning.

Has anyone ever tired XMT360 on a powerball on clearcoated wheels?

DantheMan
07-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Yes I did saturday.. Not with a powerball though. Personally I think the powerball is a little agressive for a clear coated rim. Awesome on polished though. Used the wolfgang (i believe) finger foam deals. Little extra work but I would rather be safe than sorry. Rims were starting to have a brown tint to them even when they were clean from brake dust an no prior sealing before.. Like it was starting to turn the clear coat a brownish color. Took it right out and looked great..

That being said, its only been on there a few days and its a garage queen, so I have no clue about durability, or how much easier it will make the next cleaning..

TCB
07-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the prompt response. I figured it would probably work well but I figured I would ask just to be safe.

So what makes you think the powerball is too aggressive for a clearcoated rim? I haven't heard that before and I was under the impression it was supposed to be safe for all wheels?

Rsurfer
07-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the prompt response. I figured it would probably work well but I figured I would ask just to be safe.

So what makes you think the powerball is too aggressive for a clearcoated rim? I haven't heard that before and I was under the impression it was supposed to be safe for all wheels?

I use the mini power all the time with no bad results.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x229/rsurfer1/grandpascar034.jpg?t=1185246414

FMINUS
07-23-2007, 10:43 PM
I used XMT 1, it works well! leaves em slick, then I put on Jetseal!

supercharged
07-24-2007, 01:33 AM
I used XMT 1, it works well! leaves em slick, then I put on Jetseal!
How is durablity of Jetseal on wheel? I really like DP wheel glaze on wheels, lasts about 4 weeks when you use soap and water to wash wheels,but it's a pain to remove once you apply it and it drys (per label directions).
Gonna try Poorboy's wheel sealant on them next time.

FMINUS
07-24-2007, 02:31 AM
ive only had it on for 3 weeks. It makes cleaning wheels a breeze. I put a coat of JS on, then I apply DP or PB wheel sealant. (I also have CG wheel sealant, it looks a lot like DP but orange)

I just wipe the wheel when it gets dusty, its awesome