PDA

View Full Version : That was gross

HighEndDetail
07-23-2007, 08:54 PM
I thought I had the worst interior a few years back with a extended cap catering truck. Baseball junk all over the back seats, from the kids. And food gunk between the seats.

Well yesterday took the cake

No pics on account I thought it would break the camera, and it made me ill thinking of seeing the pics of it.The most nastiest smelling, spilled,caked on stained covered seats and carpets ever. It had the smell of puke or spoiled milk in it. I had to open all the doors, and kept them open the whole time. I have know idea how the owner could drive it with out puking. I had to wear gloves for this, and I never have to wear them. For the type of cars I do.
I wouldn't ever step foot in it, did the door panels first. Just in case I had to touch them. Then came the seats, looks like dried chocolate on front passenger and back seats. Then vaccuumed the carpets. And vaccuumed the carpet thats right twice. The best part was in the center console was about a 3/4 bag of crushed m&m's some of it melted. Vaccuumed as much as I could, then I took the screws out. And hose'd it out:Ddried it and put it back together. Then came the nasty-carpet cleaning. I am having nightmares.
The whole interior was cleaned with a cirtus degreaser about 8.oz to a 3/4 gallon sprayer.
Seats and dash, door panels recived DP Interior Surface Protectant.
And used a defogger also.
Then washed the exterior,dried it dress the tires and left.

This is a true story. And I will never do anything like that again.

How about you guy's, anyone do something like this before.

Tex Star Detail
07-23-2007, 09:03 PM
i can say yea.....lol

And I feel for you, been there, done that

ScottB
07-23-2007, 09:06 PM
that is exactly the picture of why I could NEVER be a professional detailer. More than happy to own the shop, but certain jobs are best to walk away from.

Thejoyofdriving
07-23-2007, 09:06 PM
I donno, the Saleen S7 was pretty bad:p Na, ive never done anything close to that, and i will never. But im sure it turned out great. I bet you spent like 80$ on cleaners:D

Jimmie
07-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Yes. Once also. The carpets were tan and around all the edges and corners it was dark brown. The leather seat seams had caked in spilled soda with melted stuff. Not real proud of this but I went after it initially with a bucket of NXT wash and a black ShMitt. Then I used the right stuff.

dengood1
07-24-2007, 06:28 PM
that is exactly the picture of why I could NEVER be a professional detailer. More than happy to own the shop, but certain jobs are best to walk away from.

haha........you took the words right from my mouth! Of course, don't mind paying someone minimum wage to take care of it as well:p

But I ain't touchin' it!!!! lol

supercharged
07-24-2007, 07:12 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :Picture:

HighEndDetail
07-24-2007, 07:50 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :Picture:

I didn't take any, becuse I don't want to be reminded.

Just think of the most dirty,smelly, interior and that is it.:D

supercharged
07-24-2007, 11:01 PM
I didn't take any, becuse I don't want to be reminded.

Just think of the most dirty,smelly, interior and that is it.:D
Now I really wish some cameras could capture smell...:D
Maybe I should create one, and patent it...:righton:
Then I'll make enough money to drive a Veyron, hire Paul Dalton to detail it and have Surfer watch...:cheers:

trhland
07-25-2007, 04:40 AM
that is exactly the picture of why I could NEVER be a professional detailer. More than happy to own the shop, but certain jobs are best to walk away from.i gree . i started to do my own detailing for profit. started with a mini van last year and o my gosh!!! this thing was nasty its never been cleaned in 10 years. took my 9 hours to detail it for only 125 bucks:( after that i gave up on detailing for profit. its just not worth it .poeple here dont pay .there looking for 99 dollor details