PDA

View Full Version : Jeepers Creepers

SANTA3013
05-17-2014, 08:03 PM
I use this Jeepers roll around to detail the lower sections of vehicles I take in. I've had it for approximately 25 years and the original caster wheels were wore out.

I went to Lowes and purchased some new ones and now it rolls around like new. My detailing supplies have been rolling/sliding off though and had not thought of a solution.

Then a light bulb went off in my head so I went out to my storage building and got one of my old paint trays. It is a perfect fit. Now everything stays in the tray right where I need it.

What do you use to assist you in detailing the lower sections without having to bend over? That may not be an issue for you younger guys but for us old guys, we use what we can.

dcjredline
05-17-2014, 08:18 PM
I use just a rolly seat, no tray under it.

FUNX650
05-17-2014, 09:55 PM
What do you use to assist you in detailing the lower sections without having to bend over? That may not be an issue for you younger guys but for us old guys, we use what we can.

•This old guy finds these roll-around seats a little
uncomfortable (back wrenching) on occasion.

•Instead, I find:
-Using moving blankets, while in a:
state-of-detailing-repose...offers more comfort.
-I may use an actual "creeper" at times.

•A Bend-Pak four-post lift,
before Summer ends...:fingerscrossed:

Bob

SANTA3013
05-17-2014, 10:32 PM

•Instead, I find:
-Using moving blankets, while in a:
state-of-detailing-repose...offers more comfort.
-I may use an actual "creeper" at times.

Bob

Bend-Pak lift. Yep that should do it. That will really make it easier. Post up pictures after you have it installed.

oldmodman
05-18-2014, 03:37 AM

Bob

I got my BendPak after my back surgery. It's the only thing that lets me still work on cars.
And I keep it outside my garage. It's been out in the weather for ten years now and still doing fine. I have a heavy vinyl bag over the electric hydraulic pump and just keep the wire rope and the sheaves well lubricated and they still are new and shiny.

BobbyG
05-18-2014, 05:43 AM
I use a wooden stool and need to get one of this style..:props: