PDA

View Full Version : Carpro FlyBy30 windshield&glass coating

PeterPistol
05-17-2014, 07:58 PM
I was just a little confused in the order of directions on using this product! Also which applicator to use with each product!:xyxthumbs:

PeterPistol
05-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Wow thanks for the feedback!

DaveT435
05-18-2014, 06:51 PM
I've never used it so I'm no help. Hopefully someone with experience with the product will chime in soon...

poweraid
05-18-2014, 06:55 PM
I polished my glass with dp hp glass restorer , wiped down with eraser , applied flyby with the block and suede towel. buffed with a mf madness slogger . pretty simple

Rsurfer
05-18-2014, 07:39 PM
I polished my glass with dp hp glass restorer , wiped down with eraser , applied flyby with the block and suede towel. buffed with a mf madness slogger . pretty simple

Is it working good?

parttimer
05-18-2014, 07:48 PM
I did a full polish with rayon pads and ceriglass, applied product and car sat for a week before driving, not impressed, going to give another try soon.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

lyodbraun
05-18-2014, 08:16 PM
I did a full polish with rayon pads and ceriglass, applied product and car sat for a week before driving, not impressed, going to give another try soon.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Same here tried it once and was not impressed but it was cold when I applied it, so I'll give it another try sometime soon...

PeterPistol
05-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Nice! Thanks for the info put some on earlier today. See what happens! Thx again

KillaCam
05-18-2014, 10:25 PM
The stuff works very well. Make sure it's warm when you apply it and let it sit for 1-2 minutes before removing. I do two coats and it lasts months. 5-8 depending on wiper use.

GreatAvalon
05-19-2014, 12:38 AM
I applied it. 3 days later I polished it off. I don't like it for my windshield at all. My wipers chattered so much, it was nuts. And they make all times of noise. Not cool.

But just tonight I applied FlyBy30 to all my glass except my windshield. 2 layers. On surfaces not being abraded by wipers, I hope to have a rain-x effect for almost a year. We'll see. But I can tell you that I will never use FlyBy30 on any window with a wiper on it again. We'll see how it is on the side and rear windshield of my sedan.

I think I will also be applying it to the side windows of our RAV. Not the front or rear windshield though, since they have wipers.

EDIT: forgot to add my experience was with the 2014 formula.

KillaCam
05-19-2014, 09:29 AM
I applied it. 3 days later I polished it off. I don't like it for my windshield at all. My wipers chattered so much, it was nuts. And they make all times of noise. Not cool.

But just tonight I applied FlyBy30 to all my glass except my windshield. 2 layers. On surfaces not being abraded by wipers, I hope to have a rain-x effect for almost a year. We'll see. But I can tell you that I will never use FlyBy30 on any window with a wiper on it again. We'll see how it is on the side and rear windshield of my sedan.

I think I will also be applying it to the side windows of our RAV. Not the front or rear windshield though, since they have wipers.

EDIT: forgot to add my experience was with the 2014 formula.

Weird. I didn't have any wiper chatter with the old formula, maybe the new formula that resists wiper abrasion makes them chatter?
I find with this stuff I never need to use the wipers anyway.

CEE DOG
05-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Chatter can happen from a variety of variables aligning in an unfortunate manner -

It is quite short lived if it does happen but here's what usually causes it and tips to avoid-

Type of rubber
Age of rubber
Tension on wiper blades
If the wipers are stiff or flexible with no tension
Length of wiper blades

In summary - if the pressure on the wiper is not as strong as the friction between the two types of materials along some portion of the wiper blade chatter can occur.

The times I have heard of this it's generally when the vehicle contains the blades with no springs to tension them. I expect it's the rubber type as well-

We recommend cleaning the wiper blades very well with eraser and mf towel followed by reload to change the friction.

GreatAvalon
05-19-2014, 10:29 AM
Weird. I didn't have any wiper chatter with the old formula, maybe the new formula that resists wiper abrasion makes them chatter?
I find with this stuff I never need to use the wipers anyway.
Hahaha that is the truth though. We had a straight down pour and man, it almost gave me vertigo on how fast the rain was flying off. I shot a video, it was pretty cool. But eventually I needed to use the wipers and they made lots of racket.

I am admittedly anal about how I want my windshield to react to rain and how I want my wipers to behave. The RAV is 6 months old and it hasn't had ANYTHING on its windshield since I love the way they are from the factory. My car I made the mistake when it was a month or two old of rain-x and that ruined it. New car w/ new wipers you don't hear them at all, they just glide. That's what I am looking for, personally.

Chatter can happen from a variety of variables aligning in an unfortunate manner -

It is quite short lived if it does happen but here's what usually causes it and tips to avoid-

Type of rubber
Age of rubber
Tension on wiper blades
If the wipers are stiff or flexible with no tension
Length of wiper blades

In summary - if the pressure on the wiper is not as strong as the friction between the two types of materials along some portion of the wiper blade chatter can occur.

The times I have heard of this it's generally when the vehicle contains the blades with no springs to tension them. I expect it's the rubber type as well-

We recommend cleaning the wiper blades very well with eraser and mf towel followed by reload to change the friction.
Thanks for the info and advise. I do have a new vehicle that doesn't have those springs all over its OEM wiper blades.