PDA

View Full Version : Door handle recesses scratches

Vengenz
05-17-2014, 06:06 PM
What causes like these inside the door handles? Is it just thin paint in that area? It also goes up a bit into the regular paint. This is a brand new car only washed twice once by dealer and once by me. Can these be polished out by hand?

http://i61.tinypic.com/6savlc.jpg

builthatch
05-17-2014, 06:13 PM
What causes like these inside the door handles? Is it just thin paint in that area? It also goes up a bit into the regular paint. This is a brand new car only washed twice once by dealer and once by me. Can these be polished out by hand?

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/6savlc.jpg[IMG]

careless people with finger nails.

they can be polished out by hand. depends on the car regarding what will work, because some paints are harder than others, but yes, these can normally be remedied by hand without issue.

Bunky
05-17-2014, 07:18 PM
You just need something like Meg's M205 to remove by hand but scratch remover polishes will work too although may take a few rounds.

dcjredline
05-17-2014, 08:32 PM
Yep, those are from peoples fingernails.

Polishes out pretty easy usually.

wdmaccord
05-17-2014, 09:47 PM
ScratchX by hand works very well on those.

AutowerxDetailing
05-17-2014, 09:50 PM
M105/205 works great for that stuff.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online

Tato
05-17-2014, 10:00 PM
Wash the car, clay inside the handles you'll be working on.

I like to use FG400 by hand on those parts, it gives fast results and I generally only need one 'session' per handle.

Get an applicator (I use LC cyan applicator, or a MF applicator, or a MF towel).

Use plenty of product, not much, but not little. I generally use one or 2 pea size drops.

Spread it on the area.

Use the pressure of one or two fingers on the applicator (or three, or thumb, depending on area you are willing to reach), but try to spread pressure even, not 'very punctual on the tip of your finger' (sorry, it's hard to explain this).

Do movements side to side, with firm pressure (some passion on the pad), and move your hand 'on the speed of light', side to side. Then go up-down, you can even do some circular movements if you can. (again, hard to explain). Then you do movements trying to follow the design of the piece.

Repeat process on the under side (or upper if you started working from bellow).

Wipe off polish residue, and inspect your work.

Generally, some 20-30 seconds of work is enough.

Apply wax, sealant or coating to protect your work.

Points to beware: try to don't exert concentrated pressure while doing this on the edges that 'contour' the handle concavity (!? sorry, try to guess what I'm trying to say). It's not that dangerous by hand, but it's always good to work only on area you pretend to, not hitting anything else 'by accident'.

On the picture you've demonstrated, I'd chose a MF towel to work on your case, you can fold it in 2 then placing your fingers, to give more 'cushion' to apply even pressure and the movement of your fingers.

Hope that helps, please, you can ask if you need more info.

Kind Regards.

BrianMcLeod
05-17-2014, 10:05 PM
They can also be my people wearing rings if you don't have a hand pad and you have a shamwow that will work I had to do it a week ago and worked good for me

Vengenz
05-18-2014, 12:24 AM
Thanks for all the info/tips guys.

It's very strange cause this is a brand new car, and honestly no one has even used that door or sat in the back seat yet.

MattPersman
05-18-2014, 06:25 AM
Doesn't mean a bunch of people didn't open the door at the dealership before you bought it.