PDA

View Full Version : Help me select carpet and upholstery cleaner

JeffW
06-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Fellow AGonliner's I need your help selecting a carpet and upholstery cleaner between ones that AG offers (listed below). The carpet and mats in my cars are not real bad (no grease or grime), just a good amount of ground-in dirt and water stains. I still have a bunch of Scotch Guard, so we don't need to deal with protectants in this post.

I've read a few posts and it seems like killr's fav is WG, and there were a couple good reviews for DP. So far, I'm leaning towards the WG & DB products, but am also open to considering any of the other products if I get strong recommendations.

WG Carpet and Upholstery Restorer
DP Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
ClearKote Extra Duty Carpet Shampoo
Stoner Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
Mother's Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
Meg's Heavy Duty Carpet Cleaner

Thanks-
JeffW

ScottB
06-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Actually I like the WG Spot Remover (http://www.autogeek.net/wg5000.html)better than the WG Carpet cleaner. On lighter cleaning, I actually use Woolite and water. The DP works very well, but use in a well ventilated area. It has a heavy chemical smell.

Excessive Detail
06-10-2006, 11:21 PM
I use either Folex or a water/woolite mixture, they both work very well. Get some of those wood vinyl and leather scrub brushes at AG. They are a big help. Also I have heard a lot of peole use Bisslse little green machine carpet extractor, its pretty cheap, around $100.00, but get the one with the built in water heater.

quikzilver
06-11-2006, 03:17 AM
I use Meg All Purpose Cleaner for my upholstry. Works great.:righton:. .

Advantage is also, that you can use it on other surfaces (eg. wheelbays, engine etc.) too.

detailguy71
06-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Folex is terrific for carpets, but mainly for upholstery. I use Bissels ProHeat carpet cleaner and it it does a good job. Only drawback with this is that you will have to refill at least twice, more if more dirty. RedX carpet cleaner(from Lowe's) is also good.

Billd0957
06-19-2009, 06:16 AM
For what I have read you can use MEG APC + for carpet and upholstrey

Showroom Shine
06-19-2009, 07:31 AM
Most of the post I read,evryone favors Folex.I started using it too. I also use Dri Wash n Guard Green. Compared to Folex,it does a better job. I have not tried DP's new product yet. I never add chemicals in my HoT Rod spotter either. Spray, agitate,heat extract, seems to do the trick!

Yukon Cornelius
06-19-2009, 11:47 AM
I like Folex, and the Zep High Traffic carpet cleaner.

maxisiri
06-19-2009, 09:22 PM
I used "303 Fabric/ Vinyl Cleaner" (303 Fabric Cleaner removes stains and restores fabric to like-new condition. The 303 biodegradable formula removes oil, grease, dirt, coffee, tea, (http://www.autogeek.net/303552.html)) in a dilution ratio of 30:1 and worked wonderful on my upholstery, The advantage is that with a bottle of 32 oz at $12.99 you can clean everything safely (anything that is unaffected by water can be safely cleaned) using it also as an APC.