PDA

View Full Version : Looking for natural smelling leather care

Eric@CherryOnTop
05-16-2014, 10:59 AM
Hey guys. I guess I need to look into a new line of leather care. I have a client with multiple vehicles and he is very particular about the interior component of the detailing. He likes the natural smell of leather when the car is done.

I used Griots Leather Care cream on his Range Rover and he didn't love it. I used this on an Escalade last year and he did like it coincidentally, just not this time.

I used PBL cleaner and conditioner on his wife's Land Rover this week and he didn't love that either. He said the seats are very clean but the lasting scent just isn't there. (I left the windows half open in the garage when I was done because some of the upholstery was still damp from extracting, not sure if that has anything to do with it.)

He has a bottle of Zymol Treat that I've used on his Ferraris in the past and he likes that a lot (smells like coconut and banana, very nice!) and I'm going to use that on he Escalade in the next week or so.

I have some Leatherique, but I'm not sure it's the right thing to use on these cars because they are not more than a few years old and the leather is not neglected.

Any other recommendations on things to try?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ronkh57
05-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Poorboys leather stuff

swanicyouth
05-16-2014, 11:01 AM
An air freshener.

Ipsdrew
05-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Surf City Garage Voodoo Leather Blend. Leaves me with a "new" leather scent for 1-2 weeks.

Jaretr1
05-16-2014, 11:48 AM
I like Ultima Interior Guard Plus. It doesnt leave much of a scent at all that I can discern and leaves the leather nice and soft, without being greasy or glossy at all.

Klasse Act
05-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Griots Garage leather conditioner and rejuvinator smells like they melted a baseball glove into the bottle, been using it since 2005!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Eric@CherryOnTop
05-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. He mentioned hearing good things about Zaino z10 so I'm gonna grab a bottle of that. I'll try out the Poorboys stuff at their detailing day in June.

FUNX650
05-16-2014, 12:14 PM
He likes the natural smell of leather when the car is done.

He has a bottle of Zymol Treat that I've used on his Ferraris in the past and he likes that a lot
(smells like coconut and banana, very nice!)

Any other recommendations on things to try?

Go with LeatherMasters...for all leather types.

HMMM:
So...Zymol has contracted with ranchers, whose cattle are allowed to graze in the coconut and banana groves?
{I wonder if that's where the following observation came from: "Yea...They think their sh!!t don't stink"} :D

Bob

Dogfather
05-16-2014, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. He mentioned hearing good things about Zaino z10 so I'm gonna grab a bottle of that. I'll try out the Poorboys stuff at their detailing day in June.

Z10 smells like you just walked into a Coach store (a real one, not an outlet). Unfortunately it doesn't last. I wish they made a similarly scented air freshener.

Eric@CherryOnTop
05-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Go with LeatherMasters...for all leather types.

HMMM:
So...Zymol has contracted with ranchers, whose cattle are allowed to graze in the coconut and banana groves?
{I wonder if that's where the following observation came from: "Yea...They think their sh!!t don't stink"} :D

Bob

Haven't you ever been to a cattle ranch Bob? That's exactly what it smells like...