PDA

View Full Version : Revamped web site.......what do ya think

Firehouse Mike
05-16-2014, 06:59 AM
Spent a bit of time tweaking a bit of everything of my site. It's still the first one I've done, and after reading a whole lot here and from some books; I think i have it where i like it. But i'm not the one to convince, that's up to the potential customer......

Thanks
Mike

kochdalton87
05-16-2014, 07:16 AM
Overall it looks complete and adequately uniform. Although the one recommendation I do have is to think about creating a "Completed Vehicles"/"Finished Vehicles", etc page to showcase your before and afters. The home page is a little crowded and long with all the photos listed there. Overall it is a great foundation, especially for a DIY'er.

CDot
05-16-2014, 07:17 AM
I like it! A lot different than other sites I've seen.

Pureshine
05-16-2014, 09:52 AM
Ya I agree looks good Mike but you need to show your work and stand above everyone in your area. None of the detailers anywhere near me show their work. By me showing my work has resulted in to lots of work and don't for get before and after.

brondondolon
05-16-2014, 11:22 AM
In your motorcycle section you have a spelling error. It says "4our 2 [ or 3 ] "

Firehouse Mike
05-16-2014, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the responses guys! I'm just looking for input from people who have been doing this a lot longer than i have. I'm not looking for site hits, just the brutal truth if I'm going the right direction with this or not.

Thanks - Mike

Feed back please

Gad
05-17-2014, 12:23 AM
Looks great! Only thing I noticed, under your Chief Premium Detail, you have "Door Jamb Clean and Hinge Lubricate" and then 2 lines down you have "Door Jambs." Seems redundant to me, but everything else looks great.

Bunky
05-17-2014, 05:37 AM
It is loaded with a lot of info.

You have a lot of pics on your home page and can be slow to load. I would suggest keep the home page to something simple.

The red text on the gray background are not the easiest to read You mix fonts on different pages. I would pick one text font and a matching header font and use it consistently.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
05-17-2014, 06:38 AM
Looks good.

I also think you're making a big mistake by allowing people to pre-purchase your services before you see their vehicle. You are going to end up working harder for less and lose the chance to up-sell.

Pureshine
05-17-2014, 09:34 AM
Looks good.

I also think you're making a big mistake by allowing people to pre-purchase your services before you see their vehicle. You are going to end up working harder for less and lose the chance to up-sell.

:iagree: That thing I would never put on my website you can get burned very easy.

noslef
05-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Your homepage has too many images on it and like others mentioned it slows loading time and there is too much scrolling. Make another page just to showcase your work. I like the concept.

elund126
05-22-2014, 04:55 PM
I like your website. It looks great!

Firehouse Mike
05-23-2014, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I have tweaked things like moving pics to their own page and removing the purchase page. I do like it better now.....

Thanks, Mike
:dblthumb2: