PDA

View Full Version : Need some pricing help!

Just02896
05-15-2014, 08:50 PM
I'll be working on a black Cadillac herse over the weekend. This will be my first of 4 funeral home cars that I'll be correcting and coating and I have no experience with pricing for vehicles like this. The herse will be a light interior (vacuum, dress plastics, windows) exterior wash/decon, 2 step correction, clean and treat vinyl roof, and CQUK coating.

I have a number in my head along with an estimated work time but would love to hear from others who have had hands on experience with funeral vehicles.

Just02896
05-15-2014, 10:47 PM
Anyone? Surely someone has to have some input.

dcjredline
05-15-2014, 11:17 PM
Most will suggest that you figure how many hours, figure what you want to make an hour and multiply. These cars are really no different than any other (except for size) and size makes it take longer so price accordingly

zmcgovern45
05-16-2014, 05:27 AM
Most will suggest that you figure how many hours, figure what you want to make an hour and multiply. These cars are really no different than any other (except for size) and size makes it take longer so price accordingly

This is a good start.

I also suggest a flat rate premium for paint coatings due to the higher product cost and additional time involved with prep and installation.

Example: 12 hours to clean and correct the car @ $40/hr=$480 plus $150 for coating service = $630.

Just02896
05-16-2014, 06:34 AM
This is a good start.

I also suggest a flat rate premium for paint coatings due to the higher product cost and additional time involved with prep and installation.

Example: 12 hours to clean and correct the car @ $40/hr=$480 plus $150 for coating service = $630.

This is right in line with the estimate I gave. Thanks!