PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for the tips

billydick62
07-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Hello, my name is Bill and I am a newbie to Autogeek forum. I have waxed cars since I was in my teens but when my neighbor told me about this website I had to take a look. The first article I read was from Nick19 about all the steps into detailing a car. Then I watched the pinnacle video thinking I had no idea how much was involved in detailing a car and thought this is a lot of work do I really want to get that involved. Then I read and watched the video again and I was less intimated. I then ordered the PC 7424 buffer along with a bunch of pinnacle products to do this job right. Yesterday I had the time to get this project underway so I started off by using the clay bar on the 2 cars (Honda & BMW both 2006 models) then used the cleansing lotion then the Signature II. Working in a 2x2 area makes the job easier. The cars really came out beautiful I had no idea they would have such a nice shine on them, they both have that wet look. The project did not take that long actually a lot faster than I planned.

My only question for right now is I have a can of Signature II & the XMT 180 are they both the same? Or do I apply the XMT after the Sig?

In closing I just want to say thank you to all of you who take the time out of your day to contribute to this website, it is full of valuable information and it helped me a great deal.

Bill

pirex
07-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Hello, and welcome to AG :D Looks like you take good care of your cars ;) Both sig series ll and xmt 180 is waxes. So no need to apply XMT after SIG.

This website is great, glad to have you here!

Ketil

ScottB
07-23-2007, 05:19 PM
yes, both are final stage waxes and best bet is one or the other. XMT 360 is a cleaner wax and could be used before SSII as wanted.

Thank the neighbor for the referral, and welcome !

Rsurfer
07-23-2007, 05:29 PM
yes, both are final stage waxes and best bet is one or the other. XMT 360 is a cleaner wax and could be used before SSII as wanted.

Thank the neighbor for the referral, and welcome !

Killr, I thought xmt 360 is a sealer and not a wax.

Jimmie
07-23-2007, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE][The cars really came out beautiful I had no idea they would have such a nice shine on them, they both have that wet look. The project did not take that long actually a lot faster than I planned.
/QUOTE]

Welcome. Sounds like you might be hooked.

07ImpalaSS
07-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Welcome to the forums.