PDA

View Full Version : help

buicfrank
05-14-2014, 05:11 PM
Car painted in January 07. Single stage with clear. A couple years ago I used WG paint enhancer and WG wax. Looked real good. This car was restored by myself. I look at the cars that glow and reflect and I want mine the same way. With the clear can it be that way? I just bought Reflect. Is there an answer? Thanks Frank

allenk4
05-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Post some close-up pictures of the paint, so the Forum Members can see what type of defects you are trying to correct and give their advice.

- Will you be polishing by hand or do you have a machine?
What type of machine is it?

Rsurfer
05-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Car painted in January 07. Single stage with clear. A couple years ago I used WG paint enhancer and WG wax. Looked real good. This car was restored by myself. I look at the cars that glow and reflect and I want mine the same way. With the clear can it be that way? I just bought Reflect. Is there an answer? Thanks Frank

It's all in the polishing..getting the clear coat as clear and flat as possible. This will yield you an outstanding finish.

buicfrank
05-14-2014, 05:23 PM
There are no defects in the paint. And I haven't tried the Reflect yet. I'm just looking for some instructions on how to use the products so i don't ruin the clear, and get the depth on the shine.

Frank

buicfrank
05-14-2014, 05:24 PM
I will use the 7424.

allenk4
05-14-2014, 05:33 PM
There are no defects in the paint. And I haven't tried the Reflect yet. I'm just looking for some instructions on how to use the products so i don't ruin the clear, and get the depth on the shine.

Frank

If there are not defects in the paint (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/22234-tracers-rids-pigtails-cobweb-swirls-rotary-buffer-swirls-holograms-water-spots-bird-droping-etchings-micro-marring.html), you should not be polishing.

If it was painted in 2007 and has not been polished since (WG Paintwork Polish Enhancer (http://www.autogeek.net/wg2000.html)is a paint cleaner w/o significant abrasives)...I suspect that the normal "Love Marks" and wash induced marring are present.

Pictures will help a lot.

allenk4
05-14-2014, 05:35 PM
This page on AGO provides great information on virtually all aspects of detailing and will help you build a strong foundation.

Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides (http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html)

WillWashesCars
05-14-2014, 06:26 PM
This is a very vague answer. Post some pictures and I guarantee me or someone else here will be able to give you a step by step process to restore the luster!

buicfrank
05-14-2014, 06:44 PM
i will post pictures tomorrow. Thanks

buicfrank
05-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Have just clayed the car. Do you put on polish (car pro reflector) or fuzion wax first? Frank

EVOlved
05-17-2014, 01:17 PM
Reflect first. Is this the first time you are using the 7424?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

buicfrank
05-17-2014, 01:23 PM
No, but suggestions are welcome. Frank