PDA

View Full Version : scratches filled with Autopen

sar2006
07-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Hello Guys,

I need some help on the autosharp pen usage. I brought this pen from autovisuals.com. I am now trying to fill the spots with the pen and it looks like the color doesn't match and the ink doesn't flow free.

May be I am doing something wrong. What do we do to blend the filled up scratch area so that it will not stand-out as it does currently.

I have lot of scratches where I can see the metal some are deep some are not..Give me some suggestion to take care of my scrates.

Thanks,
Sar...

07ImpalaSS
07-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Is this the way you did it?

Link Deleted : See Autovisuals site.

ScottB
07-23-2007, 05:01 PM
since we carry the Langka repair kit, link was removed as competing product. I highly suggest contacting them directly for help.

FMINUS
07-23-2007, 10:50 PM
SPAM SPAM SPAM

I have an autopen for every one of my cars, none of the pens match the paint EXACTLY. I understand that the LSB could be due to fading, but my other 2 cars are metallic and 05 and 06 vehicles and they still dont match perfectly.

Use the AP if you want to half ass it. If you want to do it right, get the dealers paint and the Langka kit

Thejoyofdriving
07-24-2007, 01:26 AM
If you want to do it right, get the dealers paint and the Langka kit

:iagree: I just went to the dealers this morning to pick up some titanium silver metalic for my bimmer, it comes with clear coat. Also the brushes in 90% of touch up paints suck, i would highly reconmend a high presision paint syringe. make sure you do a alcohol wipe before you apply paint, and allow time for paint to cure(around 8hrs for some paints) before appling clear coat.

FMINUS
07-24-2007, 02:33 AM
how much was your dealer paint combo? Like $35 bucks?