PDA

View Full Version : MF towels in HE Washer - matter of life and death!

Shortspark
05-14-2014, 01:20 PM
Tomorrow I am taking delivery of a Maytag brand high efficiency (HE) washer. This will be my first HE washer ever and I have been studying up on them. Apparently from what I am reading, they use so little water that most normal detergents create too much suds and it is recommended that special HE detergent be used.

My question for people that have HE washers is how do you use the dedicated MF cleaners (such as Micro-Restore and similar cleaners) in these machines? Do you put the ounce or two the directions call for in the soap dispenser or do you just put it in the water tub as it fills? Do you use less microfiber cleaner in these machines than you normally would? Any other tips?

PS-this is a very important question because if I screw up this (expensive!) machine with my detailing stuff my Judi will kill me!

GreatAvalon
05-14-2014, 01:25 PM
Yea, I put 1 oz of MF cleaner (for my small load) in the detergent slot of my HE washer. I run it on cold/cold water. Delicate (lowest spin speed). When that is done I do another cycle of Rinse and spin. Cold/cold water. lowest spin speed.

If your washer is a front loader you won't be able to open the door while it is filling, or anytime thereafter without the water draining.

BTW - I think my washer is MayTag too. But I can't remember - I know my drier is - but I hang dry my MFs.

Shortspark
05-14-2014, 02:35 PM
That is interesting. I thought for sure I would have to run it on hot water setting because of the reduced water and suds. I guess I will just have to experiment.

FUNX650
05-14-2014, 02:46 PM
PS-this is a very important question because
if I screw up this (expensive!) machine
with my detailing stuff

my Judi will kill me!
So Shortspark {aka: Punch :)}..Afraid of Judi?

Note: Gets real interesting ~2:22 mark...
[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WNU5lvrIeGYp"]Santa Claus, Punch & Judy (1948) Violent Puppet Show - YouTube[/video]

Bob

Shortspark
05-14-2014, 03:16 PM
Ha! That was a good one Bob. I remember Punch and Judy and I am probably one of the few here that do. Punch never got as many licks in as he took but can you imagine someone today trying to put on a show like that for kids? Although we always thought it was just good fun they would never let something like this on the airwaves today. Anyway, if I ruin this machine Judi will make that Croc look tame!!

runrun411
05-14-2014, 03:16 PM
I have an LG front loader and use MF detergent all the time. Also, add some Oxy Clean and use white vinegar for the rinse cycle.