PDA

View Full Version : Spray Sealants uses when drying

Pages : [1] 2

Grifffx4
05-14-2014, 07:46 AM
Spraying wet paint while drying, is this a common practice?

How good does it work and any benefits?

And, can you do this with any spray sealant?

I saw a Chemical Guys video where he used their V07 like this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarolinasFinestDetailing
05-14-2014, 08:00 AM
Ive used V07 as ive dried before. Worked great. Many people use products like this and others. Get ready for everyone to throw Duragloss AW in your face as its far superior. Lol.

wdmaccord
05-14-2014, 08:47 AM
Ive used V07 as ive dried before. Worked great. Many people use products like this and others. Get ready for everyone to throw Duragloss AW in your face as its far superior. Lol.

LOL...here's the first plug for DG AW as a drying aid! To answer the OP question though, not all spray waxes/sealants are recommended for drying aids. For example, BF Polymer Spray. Todd Helme says it can be used for this purpose but only if the car is almost nearly dry. Some products will say on the label (or look at the description here on AG) if it can/should be used as a drying aid.

RTexasF
05-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Another for Aquawax because it IS far superior. No brag, just fact.

Grifffx4
05-14-2014, 08:56 AM
Is it more beneficial to use it dry?

Could it be used as well during the drying stage of a Rinseless wash of each section?

FUNX650
05-14-2014, 09:07 AM
IMO...
The below product should be considered a Spray Sealant,
and can be used for your stated purposes.

Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer :dblthumb2:

Bob

wdmaccord
05-14-2014, 09:25 AM
Is it more beneficial to use it dry?

Could it be used as well during the drying stage of a Rinseless wash of each section?

Are you asking about Aquawax? If so, just use the DG Rinseless Wash + Aquawax which already has the Aquawax component in it. Use the straight Aquawax after a regular wash as you are drying. Good to flood rinse the vehicle first so there will be less water on the surfaces when you start drying.

Pats300zx
05-14-2014, 09:31 AM
I have been using Meguiars D156 more and more when I dry. It works great and leaves some protection behind.

Grifffx4
05-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Are you asking about Aquawax? If so, just use the DG Rinseless Wash + Aquawax which already has the Aquawax component in it. Use the straight Aquawax after a regular wash as you are drying. Good to flood rinse the vehicle first so there will be less water on the surfaces when you start drying.

Well any product that works this way really. I'm looking at it from a stand point as not for sealing but as a way to further lubricate the surface as you dry in the Rinseless wash. The sealant part would be just a plus I guess.

PA DETAILER
05-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Prima Hydro Wax As You Dry Spray, spray wax (http://www.autogeek.net/prima-hydro-spray-wax.html)

This is what prima wax as you dry was made for. Removes water droplets and adds wax in one step. Been using this for some time now. Think of it as aquawax on steriods. And also a great drying aid. After it sets up it becomes more glossy!

wdmaccord
05-14-2014, 10:15 AM
Well any product that works this way really. I'm looking at it from a stand point as not for sealing but as a way to further lubricate the surface as you dry in the Rinseless wash. The sealant part would be just a plus I guess.

Not necessary in my opinion. I've only used a drying aid after a regular wash. Rinseless washes are already formulated for high lubricity.

Grifffx4
05-14-2014, 10:34 AM
Good to know. Thanks everyone for the input. I keep learning a lot around here.

FUNX650
05-14-2014, 10:44 AM

^^^Yes.^^^
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

From Optimum's product description page:

Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer adds the most gloss and slickness to the paint finish.
This water-based, environmentally friendly formula utilizes flouropolymers, which repel dust, dirt, and oil.
Regular applications between washes will keep your vehicle looking cleaner and, of course, much slicker!
You can use Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss in several ways.

Suggested Usage

•Use it in conjunction with Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine by spraying it on the panels as you dry the vehicle.
This will create a super slick, incredibly glossy finish.

•Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer is also an excellent companion product to Optimum Opti-Seal.
Whereas Opti-Seal’s main objective is protection, Optimum Instant Detailer pours on the gloss and slickness.
The combination can’t be beat! Wait about 30 minutes after applying Opti-Seal to use Optimum Instant Detailer.

•After washing the car with Optimum Car Wash, spray your vehicle with Instant Detailer as you towel dry each panel.
Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer can be used on wet or dry surfaces.

•Use Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer to maintain the gloss and boost the protection of Optimum Car Wax.
In fact, Instant Detailer can be used on paint, metal, glass, and plastics.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Bob

Shortspark
05-14-2014, 01:05 PM
AquaWax is tough to beat as a drying aid although it can also be used as an excellent "topper" when the car is dry. I found something similar in performance and versatility (and even cheaper than AW) - Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax. Besides being a little cheaper it is also much easier to find locally than AW. Nearly every auto supply house carries it but the best price seems to be at Walmart.

It smells terrific too, almost like grape bubble gum. I believe I read somewhere it has UV protection as a bonus. Consider this a polymer "paint gloss intensifier" that can also be used on glass, chrome and even the interior. The versatility of this product, availability, price and its excellent, overall performance makes it a must try.

BlackRam
05-14-2014, 02:54 PM
I have been using Meguiars D156 more and more when I dry. It works great and leaves some protection behind.

before i coated my truck, i give a :iagree: