PDA

View Full Version : Bruno massel takes delivery of the first 2014 copo camaro

Yancy
05-13-2014, 03:34 PM
https://theblock.com/sites/default/files/styles/600x334/public/articles/block_2014_bruno_first_2014_copo.jpg?itok=9COu4CJ6

So what do you have to do to become the lucky recipient of the first delivered COPO Camaro in 2014!? I’m sure many of you reading this right now are wondering that at this very moment. Even though we weren’t the people actually receiving this “Drag Strip Dominator,” we at least were fortunate enough to be there when the car was delivered to be able to capture the event and share with all of you.

Bruno Massel, that name may sound familiar to you, and there’s a reason for that. Bruno has been a fixture on Hot Rod and Auto Racing TV shows on TNN and SPEED Channel for the past decade, and all while winning two NHRA Lucas Oil Series National Championships in his 1400+ HP Turbocharged Chevrolet Cobalt and scooping up 26 total career NHRA event victories.

Bruno Massel was the lucky recipient of the first 2014 COPO delivery on April 17th of this year. Under the hood, Bruno went with the 5.7L 350 cubic inch supercharged engine with an LSX block and LSX D/R heads. Nice choice! Bruno also equipped his COPO with other goodies such as Weld Wheels, flat black graphics, wheelie bars, a parachute, and a lightweight carbon fiber hood as well.

When picking up the car, Bruno was presented with the opportunity to visit the COPO facility in Oxford, Michigan to see how the all-new 2014 COPO Camaros are manufactured. This is an opportunity that usually only COPO buyers get the chance to experience. I’m sure many of you reading this are thoroughly jealous of Bruno by now.

In 2014, you will find Bruno tearing his all-new 2014 COPO Camaro up and down the ¼ mile at many NHRA Drag Racing Series events. Plans are in place now for his first race in the new COPO to be at Heartland Park Topeka next weekend, May 23rd-25th, in Topeka, Kansas, as part of the NHRA Kansas Nationals.

Be sure to check out more on Bruno and see his full schedule for 2014 on his website at www.brunomasselracing.com. If you happen to be in the pits of an NHRA event later this summer, stop by and say hello, and check out his mean-looking 2014 COPO Camaro drag car. As you would expect, stay tuned to The BLOCK all summer long for check-in’s on Mr. Massel’s progress throughout the season in his 2014 COPO Camaro on the NHRA circuit.

Click here for more pics and to see the full story (https://theblock.com/news/bruno-massel-takes-delivery-first-2014-copo-camaro)

Yancy
05-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Can you say want one! I sure can!!!!

Justin at Final Inspection
05-13-2014, 03:48 PM
Yeah I wouldn't mind laying it down in that!!!

57BORNTORUN
05-13-2014, 04:32 PM
Can you say want one! I sure can!!!!
Yancy you would have to keep your day job and get a night one to afford this car.Stay at home with the kids at night and we both will live vicariously through our friend Bruno.

Marc Hufnagel
05-13-2014, 05:45 PM
I'd much prefer a 'plain ole' zl1 or 2ss, sorry.

BobbyG
05-13-2014, 05:56 PM
Yancy, I want one too!!

If someone's giving my a new muscle car I promise won't be fussy and I'll take care of it....:props:

bulldog shine
05-14-2014, 08:02 AM
I will gladly take it if they give me one. :xyxthumbs:Im the MAN

Yancy
05-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Bruno Massel - COPO Camaro - Launch 1

Bruno Massel - COPO Camaro - Launch 1 - YouTube

Bruno Massel - COPO Camaro - Launch 2

Bruno Massel - COPO Camaro - Launch 2 - YouTube

Ummm yeah still want one and even more now! :dblthumb2: :dblthumb2:

ghji222
05-15-2014, 12:52 AM
Only lucky guise can get it.I love this.As you discussed above if they give me this car so i should take care of it.In this situation everyone say it.But the luckiest guy which delivered it.Nice to know about it.Its very informative for every car lover.:xyxthumbs: