PDA

View Full Version : Chip help

808_detail_nut
05-13-2014, 01:43 PM
What can I do for this???? Looks bad, at least it didn't cross the primer so do I got a chance with chip fix color match kit?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

808_detail_nut
05-13-2014, 03:06 PM
is there some sort of boycott on my posts????

allenk4
05-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Strange defect

Is that some sort of chemical induced damage?

allenk4
05-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Post a wider shot so we can see where it is on the vehicle.

808_detail_nut
05-13-2014, 03:19 PM
front panel above the wheel well close to the hood. talked to the owner and he said he seen a chip from a rock on the road a while back but it began chipping more everytime he washed it. He asked if I could do anything for it. figure I ask here if anyone used dupicolor or dr. color chip because I had never used it. Im at work right now so I cant get another photo of it.

808_detail_nut
05-13-2014, 05:10 PM
maybe I should ask mike this.

808_detail_nut
05-14-2014, 01:04 AM
Okay, has anyone ever use Dr. ColorChip on something like this?????? please help. thank you!

goldenlight
06-12-2014, 01:25 PM
I have only used the Langka system. Personally I would use this for filling in the chip. The secret is the blob Eliminator. Just purchased the Blob Eliminator along with OEM paint and you should be fine. I get the best results by first filling in the chip then using the Blob Eliminator to level the paint. Next day I use the Squeegee Method and clean around the chip with Blob Eliminator using Microbrushes which can be purchased at Hobby Lobby or any craft store that model car kits.

YOU can use DR color-chip, but its recommended to purchase the paint from them for best results. This kit in my opinion looks like it works best for road rage chips(little specks on bumper)

The cool thing about both these systems is that if you mess up you can wipe it off with the paint thinner

fyi: I found using a hair dryer speeds up the drying process.
I filled a chip about 10 times before I figured it out.
used Alcohol to clean the chip and used my favorite paint sealant to seal chip.
I used a old cotton T-shirt wrap around a credit card to level the paint. Or you can purchase microfiber cloths from the Eye glass dealer.