PDA

View Full Version : Need advice: Adam's Edgeless Utility vs PakShak Silver Surfer

BlueBeast14GT
05-13-2014, 12:33 PM
I absolutely love the PakShak Silver Surfer for compound/polish removal.

The Adam's Edgeless Microfiber Utility Towel appears to be the same, just a darker shade of gray. And I can get a better deal through Adam's.

Has anyone used both? Can you tell me if they are truly the same? The PakShak has a very unique weave that makes it perfect for removing product. I have ordered towels in the past thinking they had that same pattern, but it turned out to just be a very short nap. I'll probably order some either way for the sake of trying new things, but it would be nice to know before I order if they are the same. Thanks for the help!

EvolutionDetail
05-13-2014, 12:40 PM
They r definitely not the same
Adams has pretty much no nap while the silver have short nap.

BlueBeast14GT
05-13-2014, 01:07 PM
They r definitely not the same
Adams has pretty much no nap while the silver have short nap.

If anything that's how I would describe the PakShak. It's more woven than fibers sticking straight up. Sorry for the lack of proper terminology...

Any chance you could post a closeup pic of the Adam's? I would greatly appreciate it.
:cool pics:

mg6045
05-14-2014, 06:05 AM
just buy both and test for yourself. Im not saying that to be a jerk, but I have always found the need to test towels for myself. Some towels that get a ton of praise on the forums, ive picked up and wondered what the heck everyone was talking about, and the same the other way around. Ive got some cheap towels that work incredibly well. a perfect example is the cheaper towel that pakshak sells. One of the 3 dollar offerings they call their "ultra microfiber" in green. I personally found it to be the best towel on the site. works incredibly well and stays extremely soft for what seems like forever.

EvolutionDetail
05-14-2014, 06:20 AM
I can probably get a pic tonight when i get out of work but no promises.

But i have never used the Adams towel, the only reason i would ever use it is for wheels. Because i don't think it is soft enough for paint lol

BlueBeast14GT
05-14-2014, 07:30 AM
just buy both and test for yourself. Im not saying that to be a jerk, but I have always found the need to test towels for myself. Some towels that get a ton of praise on the forums, ive picked up and wondered what the heck everyone was talking about, and the same the other way around. Ive got some cheap towels that work incredibly well. a perfect example is the cheaper towel that pakshak sells. One of the 3 dollar offerings they call their "ultra microfiber" in green. I personally found it to be the best towel on the site. works incredibly well and stays extremely soft for what seems like forever.

I get what your saying. I'm probably going to order them either way. But if I knew they were good for what I need I would buy a lot up front and save on shipping.

I can probably get a pic tonight when i get out of work but no promises.

But i have never used the Adams towel, the only reason i would ever use it is for wheels. Because i don't think it is soft enough for paint lol

If you could that would be great. Thanks man.

TroyScherer
05-14-2014, 08:46 AM
I have the PakShak Silver Surfers and like them very much.

Honestly i would suggest buying 1 or 2 of each and doing a comparison for yourself.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-14-2014, 08:54 AM
CarPro BOA for polish removal. Affordable and soft. Great on soft paint.

BlueBeast14GT
05-14-2014, 09:41 AM
...Some towels that get a ton of praise on the forums, ive picked up and wondered what the heck everyone was talking about, and the same the other way around...

Sorry to quote this twice, but I meant to reply to this part specifically. I have had the same experience. There seems to be a trend lately that all the towels are just getting as thick and plush as possible. That's good for the paint since it's soft, and for something like QD or no-rinse it's great because the long fibers pick up the dirt without rubbing it in, but for some jobs I just don't want that plushness. I called Autogeek yesterday to see if the Cobra Indigo towels are ever going to come back. People raved about those, but they have been on back-order for months. They told me they have been cancelled! They recommended I get the Miracle towel or Supreme 530 instead, both of which have one shorter side and one plush side. But neither is anything like the Indigo, which was more like PakShak's Silver Surfer.

CarPro BOA for polish removal. Affordable and soft. Great on soft paint.

What 5.0 do you have? 80s or one of the new ones? I ask because I'm not sure if my paint is considered 'soft'.

davisautodetail
05-14-2014, 05:35 PM
I use Adam's single soft microfiber for polishing, sometimes the double, but they are reserved for this purpose and very carefully examined. I like how soft they are, and I haven't had any issues with swirls, even on really soft clears.

BlueBeast14GT
05-15-2014, 10:39 AM
I use Adam's single soft microfiber for polishing, sometimes the double, but they are reserved for this purpose and very carefully examined. I like how soft they are, and I haven't had any issues with swirls, even on really soft clears.

The softness and swirling are not my issue. I have plenty of soft towels. I need something that will easily remove the polish. Thick towels do not work for this IME.

Nick McKees37
05-15-2014, 10:44 AM
AutogeekOnline.net is funded and supported by Autogeek.net, so we prefer that discussion is about products found on our site (there's a lot of them!). This is laid out in our forum rules (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/introduce-yourself/24039-forum-rules.html).

With that being said, we have a massive selection of quality microfiber towels and tools, ranging from specially designed drying towels, to wax and polish removal towels.

Microfiber Products (http://www.autogeek.net/mictow.html)

We even have a chart that compares our most popular microfiber towels - Microfiber Comparison Chart (http://www.autogeek.net/mfchart.html)

You might also find this thread helpful: The Definitive How-To Guide for Spray Waxes, Quick Detail Sprays & Waterless Washes (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/49299-definitive-how-guide-spray-waxes-quick-detail-sprays-waterless-washes.html)

Thanks! :dblthumb2: