PDA

View Full Version : Been a while, still ONR?

Pages : [1] 2

Buck91
05-12-2014, 11:05 PM
I have been using ONR to mix up quick detailer and claybar lube for a couple years now, and while I've seen a lot of mfgs have come out with some competitive products I have not really kept my eye on the market as ONR just seems to work. Is it still the top dog or is there room to improve? I don't really use it as a no-rinse wash, like I said usually for spray detailing and occasionally for clay lube. Probably my two favorite uses are bugs/bird droppings and cleaning door jams and hinge areas...

Zelfiris
05-12-2014, 11:08 PM
I still use onr for everything you mentioned. It's the most economical choice

poweraid
05-12-2014, 11:15 PM
onr is still in . plenty still use it . i personally have used onr but now use something I like better - my favorite , ultima waterless wash plus . just the same as others still use onr as their favorite . I've tried a bunch of different brands of waterless and rinseless washes and alway go back to ultima . it's just what I like .
as the saying goes - find something you like and use it often .

jamesboyy
05-12-2014, 11:30 PM
ONR is still popular and used by most of us autogeekers

BradsDetailing
05-12-2014, 11:34 PM
Door jams, spot cleaning, clay lube, additive to my shampoo. Love it

JHL88
05-13-2014, 12:26 AM
I use UWW+ as well and have no reason to switch to ONR

FUNX650
05-13-2014, 12:31 AM
I don't really use it as a no-rinse wash, like I said usually for spray detailing and occasionally for clay lube. Probably my two favorite uses are bugs/bird droppings and cleaning door jams and hinge areas...
I also don't do rinseless-washes.
So I don't use the Optimum No Rinse product.
I use UWW+ instead.

Bob

Lakeside Detail
05-13-2014, 06:19 AM
I use blackfire rinseless myself. I use it for rinseless wash, clay lube, quick detailer, and water conditioner. Works good on somewhat maintained door jams, but most of the jams I do are very dirty, so I use APC on them.

I never do rinseless washes either, but I mix up a rinseless bucket for clay mitt lube, and then keep the bucket around for the duration of the job for jams or anything else. I find myself using the rinseless solution often for various uses.

Buck91
05-13-2014, 07:39 AM
Has anybody tried the ONR with these fancy new nanoskin things?

wompasaurus
05-13-2014, 07:42 AM

I use onr with the mitt and the sponges with no problems at all.

CDot
05-13-2014, 08:44 AM

I have the Nanoskin Sponge and it works just fine.

If you want to try something new, DP Rinseless Wash & Glass is excellent; I haven't tried UWW+ yet--it's more expensive unless you only use as a waterless wash.

cleanmycorolla
05-13-2014, 09:25 AM
UWW+ absolutely trounces onr, IMO.

Justin M.
05-13-2014, 12:01 PM
UWW+ absolutely trounces onr, IMO.

"Absolutely trounces". That is a pretty strong statement, can you explain? Is it more slick, less streaky, or what does it do better than ONR?

I genuinely want to know, because I've used ONR for a long time and it has been great. If UWW+ is as amazing as you make it sound I will probably try it out :)

cleanmycorolla
05-13-2014, 12:46 PM
"Absolutely trounces". That is a pretty strong statement, can you explain? Is it more slick, less streaky, or what does it do better than ONR?

I genuinely want to know, because I've used ONR for a long time and it has been great. If UWW+ is as amazing as you make it sound I will probably try it out :)

it can be a rinse less and waterless, works well on windows and trim. Has a higher dilution ratio, its is for sure more slick than ONR, I only use distilled water and get no streaks. It cleans well, and is pleasant smelling, not one thing wrong with it!:dblthumb2:

CDot
05-13-2014, 01:34 PM
it can be a rinse less and waterless, works well on windows and trim. Has a higher dilution ratio, its is for sure more slick than ONR, I only use distilled water and get no streaks. It cleans well, and is pleasant smelling, not one thing wrong with it!:dblthumb2:

I don't do waterless washes, but for rinseless I've found that DP RW&G has twice the amount of product for a dollar or two less. The dilution rates are very close to equal as well (1:2 DPRW&G vs 1:3 for UWW+), so I can get 16 washes out of UWW+ to DPRW&G's 21. Is there any large advantage UWW+ has over the former if not being used for a waterless wash? Just curious :confused: