PDA

View Full Version : Why do all factory spray bottles SUCK?!

Rez90
05-12-2014, 06:49 PM
Preface. I don't throw or drop my bottles. And I'll make an exception for poor boys as their sprayers haven't failed me.

But

Adams sprayers
Griots sprayers
Today a near full bottle of iron x the sprayer craps out

What gives?

It's frustrating beyond belief to keep having to transfer product to a sprayer bottle that works(assuming I have one available)

Aside from the kwazar bottles does alone make a decent sprayer that will last a couple refills before the pump inside breaks?

SANTA3013
05-12-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm not sure they ALL do. I use Griot's Speed Shine and the sprayer works great for me.

I suppose if the manufacturers used better spray heads they would cost more.

Go to Auto Zone and buy their industrial bottles for $2.50 each and put your product in them. You'll not complain about a spray bottle again.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
05-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Ive never had an issue with a Chemical Guys sprayer, except for when one broke when I dropped it. Nut Im 6'2", so that was a long fall.

The Griots sprayers are awesome!!!! I love the foaming one.

Neostorm3000
05-12-2014, 07:39 PM
I bought a ton of rubbermaid sprayers from walmart. I love them. I do think they are the same as the griots ones though

scrubs147
05-12-2014, 07:41 PM
I always have a bottle filler with water so that after every use, I place the spray head in the bottle of water and spray water through it rinsing the spray head clean. The chemicals seem to eat away the mechanisms so it's important to keep them clean.

I have gone through very few spray heads by simply keeping them as chemical free as possible.

05-12-2014, 08:14 PM
Sometimes its a hit and miss with mfg bottles...all my Blackfire, CarPro, Wolfgang, Sonax, & Meguiar's bottles have held up - except the Meguairs Quick Detailer...

wdmaccord
05-12-2014, 08:54 PM
It seems some of the sprayers aren't chemical resistant. All my TarX, IronX, etc. sprayers have all failed. I do use them til they die though (might as well get some use out of them since you pay for them), then just replace with chemical resistant sprayers (like the grey one's here on AG). The black one's that come with BF products seem to hold up really well and the "mist" setting really atomizes well.

SYMAWD
05-12-2014, 10:39 PM
I've never had any sprayers fail and Adam's are pretty darn good. They have 2 spray patterns and a comfort grip on the trigger. If they break they'll send you a new one for free.