PDA

View Full Version : Riccardo Clay?

dan45hk
05-12-2014, 06:11 PM
I've been away from the detailing world for about 5 year and just getting back into it. Since I'm back I noticed Riccardo clay is available in the US. Why isn't everyone using this stuff? When it wasn't available its all people talked about when the subject of clay came up. Does it not live up to the hype? I have some but haven't tried it out yet.

wdmaccord
05-12-2014, 06:18 PM
I've thought about trying it when AG started offering it a few months ago, but I've been so pleased with Pinnacle Ultra Poly clay that I haven't found the need to try something else. If it aint broke don't fix it, I guess.

tpr1634
05-12-2014, 06:58 PM
I use it, better than clay magic.

Rsurfer
05-12-2014, 07:35 PM
I've been away from the detailing world for about 5 year and just getting back into it. Since I'm back I noticed Riccardo clay is available in the US. Why isn't everyone using this stuff? When it wasn't available its all people talked about when the subject of clay came up. Does it not live up to the hype? I have some but haven't tried it out yet.

The hype these days are Nanoskin and Speedy Prep towels.

Setec Astronomy
05-12-2014, 07:52 PM
US. Why isn't everyone using this stuff? When it wasn't available its all people talked about when the subject of clay came up.

Simple, it's not the "forbidden fruit" anymore. Just like everybody hoarded #16 and pre-VOC 845 when they stopped making them (didn't they? or was it just me?)

spiralout462
05-12-2014, 07:54 PM
It seems the majority of forum members don't use clay from any manufacturer. The alternative towels and pads are supposed to save time. I haven't jumped on that bandwagon yet. I will try Riccardo when I'm ready for new clay.

Belair
05-12-2014, 07:54 PM
No Setec, wasn't just you.

GreatAvalon
05-12-2014, 10:34 PM
I got into detailing a little less than 6 months ago, and I bought Riccardo clay. :xyxthumbs:

FUNX650
05-12-2014, 11:55 PM
I've been away from the detailing world for about 5 year...

I have some but haven't tried it out yet.
What clay(s) did you use about 5 years ago?

If you can:
Will you compare your grade of Riccardo clay with the other clay(s)...if they're still available...and report back with your findings?
Thanks.

Bob

rolop6
05-13-2014, 12:08 AM
Never used it, but nanoskin is the best "clay" I've ever used. Easier to use, faster and no waste if it falls. I would still use regular clay on wheels but on paint, nano skin all the way.

hammy1983
05-13-2014, 07:18 AM
my next time I need clay it will be nano skin however the 3m perfect it III clay I have right now seems to be the best clay I have every used.