View Full Version : Drying question...

Lexi65
05-12-2014, 03:47 PM
I have repeatedly read that drying with a damp MF is very
effective...more so than dry MF. That said, would the same
apply to one of those larger Waffle Weave towels? Feed back please. :buffing:

jamesboyy
05-12-2014, 04:10 PM
Yes more than likely a damp waffle weave towel will pick up more water than a dry one also lessen the potential of scratching too

Coopers ST
05-12-2014, 04:17 PM
Don't know if it is the correct way or not, but I lay my big dry me a river waffle weave towel on the car then pick it up and flip it and lay it down, then fold it in half the long way and dry with it then. I figure it gets damp but I don't pull it to maybe scratch.

silverfox
05-12-2014, 07:31 PM
There's no question that a dampened MF or WW will dry better as well as being safer. A win-win.

wdmaccord
05-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Using a drying aid would accomplish a similar thing. Something like DG Aquawax works very well. Couple squirts on each panel while the car is still wet. Gently dry with a WW and then buff lightly with a 2nd dry WW.

Coopers ST
05-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Using a drying aid would accomplish a similar thing. Something like DG Aquawax works very well. Couple squirts on each panel while the car is still wet. Gently dry with a WW and then buff lightly with a 2nd dry WW.

Could you use any spray wax for that? Maybe that would be a good way for me to waste my NXT spray junk I have.

wdmaccord
05-12-2014, 08:11 PM
Could you use any spray wax for that? Maybe that would be a good way for me to waste my NXT spray junk I have.

It might. From reading various posts here, it seems some work well as a drying aid and others don't. Is there anything on the instructions? Sometimes the manufacturer will put it on the label if it can be used for a drying aid. Otherwise, I'd say try and see how it goes. If it doesn't work very well, then back to junk drawer I guess. :props:

Bunky
05-13-2014, 10:35 AM
I like to dry the windows first. This usually starts getting them somewhat damp then dry the paint.

CDot
05-13-2014, 12:29 PM
I have repeatedly read that drying with a damp MF is very
effective...more so than dry MF. That said, would the same
apply to one of those larger Waffle Weave towels? .

Generally speaking, yep!

I like to dry the windows first. This usually starts getting them somewhat damp then dry the paint.

^^Good advice. To the OP: you can spray a drying aid onto the towel as well to dampen it.