PDA

View Full Version : Forum search issue

likaroc13
05-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Wasn't really sure where to ask this. I'm trying to search for info about Poorboy's products. I can type "Poorboy's" in the search box & pull up the threads. However, I get an internal error each time I try to click on a thread link. It does it with every single one! Initially I thought maybe it had something to do with me not being signed in, so I tried logging in. Still doesn't work. Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks for any input

Dr_Pain
05-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Wasn't really sure where to ask this. I'm trying to search for info about Poorboy's products. I can type "Poorboy's" in the search box & pull up the threads. However, I get an internal error each time I try to click on a thread link. It does it with every single one! Initially I thought maybe it had something to do with me not being signed in, so I tried logging in. Still doesn't work. Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks for any input

I would venture a guess that it may be the internet browser you are using. I performed your search and have no issues (on Google Chrome). Clear your data history, cookies etc... and try again, or try a different browser!?!

Dogfather
05-12-2014, 11:43 AM
When I wish to search AG threads and posts I find it easier and more reliable to google my query/subject followed by autogeekonline.

Dr_Pain
05-12-2014, 11:53 AM
When I wish to search AG threads and posts I find it easier and more reliable to google my query/subject followed by autogeekonline.

:iagree: I unfortunately have to agree! :iagree:

Bunky
05-12-2014, 05:11 PM
vbulletin's search is limited and some intentional since it can chew up resources. Use google..you will get better results.

StangFan25
05-12-2014, 05:33 PM
I have great results with the search feature for the forum via tapatalk.

Coopers ST
05-12-2014, 08:31 PM
I use google also. I like how you can then use googles filter feature to drill down to just posts from a time period like the last year or 3 months. If you put in Wolfgang you get over 12,000 hits, filtering it gives you a much more manageable number

Lexi65
05-12-2014, 08:43 PM

:iagree: :buffing:

Lexi65
05-12-2014, 08:44 PM
I have great results with the search feature for the forum via tapatalk.

Don't the ads on Tapatalk drive u crazy?

stilltipping3
05-12-2014, 08:55 PM
:iagree: I unfortunately have to agree! :iagree:

Yes yes yes Just Google it and it will come up faster

stemyx
05-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Geez weez! I thought I was the only one having this problem! I can never find what I'm looking for in the search box :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AG Online

StangFan25
05-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Don't the ads on Tapatalk drive u crazy?

I don't have any ads on mine.

likaroc13
05-13-2014, 10:27 AM
Thanks for all the responses. I'll try Google.