PDA

View Full Version : Armor All Products

Firehouse Mike
05-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Being a detailer, I seem to get gifts from friends / family that are car care oriented. Usually Armor All or Blue Coral soap, ect... They mean well.

A few weeks ago i got a bottle of AA Wax it Off. Squirt onto a wet car and just wipe off for a long lasting Carnanuba wax shine. So finished my fiance's Sub tonight and figured why not. I was actually impressed with it. Went on easy, wiped off with good MF towels and it left a nice slick surface with good beading. We'll see how long it lasts, but i liked it!
Is it just me or is Armor All coming out with some decent stuff. I have heard very good things about their wheel coatings too.

Kengo123
05-11-2014, 10:55 PM
i tried the buttery wet wax... it was terrible. i couldn't do a single fender without it drying up and being a PITA to get off. But it was marked down at Target from $6 to $3.50. I've read that the extreme shield is supposed to be decent tho

jamesboyy
05-11-2014, 11:18 PM
That beading looks great from my perspective its nice to have family and friends that give car care gifts though its all about the results you are able to achieve not the brand and yeah some low end products are a pain

FUNX650
05-11-2014, 11:43 PM
Is it just me or is Armor All coming out with some decent stuff.
Allow me to change that to;
Is ArmorAll still coming out with some decent stuff?

As you can attest...Yes they are!

Bob

VISITOR
05-12-2014, 02:31 AM
the original AA tire foam and extreme tire shine gel are both great products...

AutowerxDetailing
05-12-2014, 02:39 AM
I picked up two cans of the wheel coating when they were marked down to ~$3.00/ea at Target last year. I was impressed with how well it worked. Easy to apply and lasted several months in my testing.

I used to love to shine my dash with the "Original" Armor All back when I first started driving and knew nothing about detailing. Now... I'm just not really into the glossy, dressed plastic look.

Legumes
05-12-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm likely in the minority when I say AA is one of my favorite water based tire dressings. Applied via foam applicator and wiping off the excess provides a clean new tire look with almost no shine at all. I've even diluted the product down with water before with excellent results as well.

stilltipping3
05-12-2014, 08:47 PM
AA has their shield wax on sale at Pepboys for 50% off. it came out to about $4. Let me say my car has been looking good with it. Its just the mental block of using AA products but this is a good one!

sharpreflection
05-12-2014, 09:40 PM
I have nothing against armor all products there is things of theirs I use and things of theirs I don't use. I like their wash and wax soap. I like there extreme shield wax and wheel protectant and sometimes the original armor all for tires and wheel wells every once in a blue moon. I also have some microfibers made by them that have a checker pattern on one side. They are not bad either. All and all there is things I like made by AA and things I don't like other detail product companies.